Civil servants to get two-month bonus in December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so maybe I haven't spent my ENTIRE December bonus yet... ;p

is it higher than last year's? ;p

lesser. last year there was a special bonus of 0.2 mths :what:

but more if the growth bonus in Mar 08 is included

Not two month bonus. One month only.

13th month bonus is a standard. I think it's very misleading lor. Anyway, why are people so envious? In private sector, bonuses ranging from 3 to 6 (sometimes NINE!) months are fairly common. Some of my peers have bonuses that are more than my annual gross salary!

Nonetheless, some of us in Civil Service already happy like bird when we get something like 0.58 month bonus. Yay! :D

i'm a happy bird. i think this weekend can go sitex liao. :think:

Not two month bonus. One month only.

13th month bonus is a standard. I think it's very misleading lor. Anyway, why are people so envious? In private sector, bonuses ranging from 3 to 6 (sometimes NINE!) months are fairly common. Some of my peers have bonuses that are more than my annual gross salary!

Nonetheless, some of us in Civil Service already happy like bird when we get something like 0.58 month bonus. Yay! :D
Dat's Civil Service for you. Tons of crap job, underappreciated, the target board of the members of public who think that Civil Servants don't pay taxes, etc.

0.58 is like a big woot.

lesser. last year there was a special bonus of 0.2 mths :what:

but more if the growth bonus in Mar 08 is included
PROVIDED there's exception economic growth.

Den again, how many 7 to 8% growth can the country have for the next.... 30yrs? Once? Twice? 5 times? 10 times?

Dat's Civil Service for you. Tons of crap job, underappreciated, the target board of the members of public who think that Civil Servants don't pay taxes, etc.

0.58 is like a big woot.

lower pay across the board too

then still got people kbkb and expect civil servants to work for free when they get pay raise :dunno:

Civil servants should thank their lucky stars that they even have a bonus. There are some occupations where the idea of a bonus, much less 13th month doesn't even exist.

Civil servants should thank their lucky stars that they even have a bonus. There are some occupations where the idea of a bonus, much less 13th month doesn't even exist.

Yes, I was a civil servant once and now I not only know but feel the vast difference. Back then, I never understand what my wife(who was and still is in the private sector) was saying about civil servant being lucky :)

13th month is included in the contract

Status
Not open for further replies.