Civil Dawn

joenico

Dec 2, 2010

Civil dawn by joenico11, on Flickr

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, Feel, Everything else.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
The Feel of Dawn

3. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture.

I love the composition personally.
The shot was taken at about 7am in the morning. I saw the boat starting to turn. I recompose and take the shot hoping to capture a good reflection. After uploading it, i realized the background feel seems better than the actual intend of mine.

Newbie here. Would love to get lots of advise *-*. TY:D

I like the sky and the composition. I think the roof of the boat should not be overlapping with the mountain at the background which reduces it's contrast. is it possible place the boat higher?? My two cent.

Nice colours and feel, although I find the composition too tight on both sides....

I like the colours and reflections. Good scenery!

color is very calming .. i likes :) :thumbsup:

yea i agreed with you on the composition being tight. I was advise to take the shot in landscape. Will try to do that some other time *-*

Beautiful Picture. Nice work, mate.

it's good to know that u like it. Thxs *-*

i've been looking around here. what's the story behind the title "Civil Dawn"?

Civil dawn is the time at which there is enough light for objects to be distinguishable.To be more exact is when the sun is 6 degrees below the horizon in the morning.
Hope this explanation helps. *-*

Civil dawn is the time at which there is enough light for objects to be distinguishable.To be more exact is when the sun is 6 degrees below the horizon in the morning.
Hope this explanation helps.:D

Nice shot... I didn't know these terms till you explained it.

Did abit of wiki, apparently still got civil twilight at -6 degrees also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight

nice! now i know (and knowing is half the battle). are you an astronomer? hmm how did you calculate that 6 degrees?

very soothing sight!!!

nice photos

great colours. you may want to work on the composition as the others stated... just keep it in mind for future shots since cropping would be a little too tight still. good job anyway!