Civil Dawn

joenico

Dec 2, 2010

Civil dawn by joenico11, on Flickr

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, Feel, Everything else.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
The Feel of Dawn

3. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture.

I love the composition personally.
The shot was taken at about 7am in the morning. I saw the boat starting to turn. I recompose and take the shot hoping to capture a good reflection. After uploading it, i realized the background feel seems better than the actual intend of mine.

Newbie here. Would love to get lots of advise *-*. TY:D

caiyu01

Mar 7, 2011
I like the sky and the composition. I think the roof of the boat should not be overlapping with the mountain at the background which reduces it's contrast. is it possible place the boat higher?? My two cent.

Jul 13, 2005
Nice colours and feel, although I find the composition too tight on both sides....

kenji87

Oct 23, 2009
north
color is very calming .. i likes :) :thumbsup:

joenico

Dec 2, 2010
yea i agreed with you on the composition being tight. I was advise to take the shot in landscape. Will try to do that some other time *-*

The Hulk

Oct 8, 2009
Beautiful Picture. Nice work, mate.

joenico

Dec 2, 2010
it's good to know that u like it. Thxs *-*

joenico

Dec 2, 2010
i've been looking around here. what's the story behind the title "Civil Dawn"?
Civil dawn is the time at which there is enough light for objects to be distinguishable.To be more exact is when the sun is 6 degrees below the horizon in the morning.
Hope this explanation helps. *-*

joenico

Dec 2, 2010
i've been looking around here. what's the story behind the title "Civil Dawn"?
Civil dawn is the time at which there is enough light for objects to be distinguishable.To be more exact is when the sun is 6 degrees below the horizon in the morning.
Hope this explanation helps.:D

SkyStrike

Staff member
Nov 29, 2010
Somewhere
Nice shot... I didn't know these terms till you explained it.

Did abit of wiki, apparently still got civil twilight at -6 degrees also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight

kei1309

Apr 12, 2010
Earth
www.facebook.com
nice! now i know (and knowing is half the battle). are you an astronomer? hmm how did you calculate that 6 degrees?

dooku

Sep 10, 2005
very soothing sight!!!

phyll

Jan 23, 2009
great colours. you may want to work on the composition as the others stated... just keep it in mind for future shots since cropping would be a little too tight still. good job anyway!

Top Bottom