city sunset

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenglw86

Dec 27, 2006
hi all, i was trying to capture the sun setting on the singapore skyline
any comments will be greatly welcome:)

DSC_01750001.jpg

try to HDR such a shot next time. too dark to tell details in the foreground. though the sunset color can be seen. but hdr would create a better effect i think

Can you share what is the time you took this shot? Try shooting earlier so that your skyline still has some light and boost the saturation of the sky later in PS.

Else, heard that the best time to take evening shots in singapore is between 7.18pm - 7.22pm ;)

try to HDR such a shot next time. too dark to tell details in the foreground. though the sunset color can be seen. but hdr would create a better effect i think

what's HDR? sorry, i'm a noob, still not familiar with all the terms.

Can you share what is the time you took this shot? Try shooting earlier so that your skyline still has some light and boost the saturation of the sky later in PS.

Else, heard that the best time to take evening shots in singapore is between 7.18pm - 7.22pm ;)

i took it at 7:21pm.

will using any filters help with the exposure of the foreground?

what's HDR? sorry, i'm a noob, still not familiar with all the terms.

i took it at 7:21pm.

will using any filters help with the exposure of the foreground?

Filters wont help in this case since your foreground is already too dark. prolonging your exposure or post processing in PS will help

best time for sunset/sunrise are normally about 1hr before and after... apply worldwide iirc. but its always good to go earlier as there might be surprise.

More on HDR, click here

how do i go about doing HDR in PS? Do i need 3 or more photos taken at the same point to achieve that?

Please help. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.