City Stories : Fisherman doing his thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mervlam

Apr 26, 2002
Visit site
interesting angle and composition, however without the title, i wouldnt know what the man is doing. the fishing rod is not distinctive enough

binbeto

Jan 18, 2002
Behind a lens
www.pbase.com
In my opinion, other than better an unique view, this pic doesn't tell us another thing.

Be ruthless, junk it! :)

Maybe it will work in a series?

Rev

Aug 15, 2004
I'm undecided, so probably junk it. But the transition from the deeper murky water to shallow beach to the sand is interesting. maybe zoom in more to the guy because the isolation technique somehow isn't quite working.

billpepsi

Jan 2, 2005
The 3rd Rock
marcwang said:

Keeper or Junk ?

B'cos both of this hands are together and around waist height, yeah, it does give a illusion that he is doing his private thing. How was the photo shot? from a cliff?

It is a keeper.

marcwang

Jan 9, 2003
East Singapore
www.pbase.com
This photograph goes into my series .. "Citystories" , given that ... still "Junk it" ?

By itself its not a strong image, but in that series ... what do u think ?

I'm throw away alot of images, so if I must, this will go too... so pls be honest, it wouldnt hurt me if u use strong words... :)

ransoma22

Mar 31, 2002
KTV Lounge Hall
Probably when the fisherman/angler tossing the fishing rod + some accessories behind him could make a better story? And maybe with few frames showing the process of tossing..
Nonetheless...interesting angle...but can be better though...

Cheers~

Rev

Aug 15, 2004
I especially like the transition part and noticed the little orange bait floater thing. maybe in a big print, this is a keeper but at this resolution, it does look like the guy is pissing black oil =)

it's a keeper... without looking at the caption/title, it first impresses me on the mood. pondering and looking deeper it gives the 'lonely moody' feeling of waiting by the shore. If a picture is able to project such an emotion, it is definitely a keeper and not a junk. The angle from top down gives much depth and magnitude to the picture.

Keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom