city square in JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

pangzzz

Jul 14, 2004
Bishan
hey ppl, anyone knows how to get to city square in JB? as in bus that goes the route or perhaps even walk across?(if feasible) and anyone knows abt the shops there? worth visiting?

many thanks :)

pangzzz said:
hey ppl, anyone knows how to get to city square in JB? as in bus that goes the route or perhaps even walk across?(if feasible) and anyone knows abt the shops there? worth visiting?

many thanks :)

go across the causeway, after the malaysian immigration, walk straight for a few hundred meters, then you will see city square, you will not miss it. for the shops there, quite ok, but not fantastic.

barracuda said:
go across the causeway, after the malaysian immigration, walk straight for a few hundred meters, then you will see city square, you will not miss it. for the shops there, quite ok, but not fantastic.

Less than few hundred metres.

After malaysian immigration
walk towards a underpass
go up walk along the road
go all the way straight...
(you will go through petrol station, and along a very lousy shopping centre lotsa tour agencies by the pathway)
you will see sort of a T junction, and opposite the pink color building is city square. You can go up the stairs which is at your immediate left, which leads to the 2nd level, where the first shop you see in City Square is FOS. Go in somemore and you will enter the shopping mall.

Less than 5mins for the entire journey. Good luck!

many thanks for all your detailed replies... hoping to make a trip there sometime next week. Been ages since i last got out of SG(but going to johore dont exactly constitute taking a break overseas haha). :bsmilie:

oh yes, how is the shopping scene in city square? accoording to barracuda, it isnt that great...

Perhaps you should try the new JUSCO! it's near the macdonald, around RM20 from immigration, 10-15mins away. Lots of nice shops there for shopping!

behyx said:
Perhaps you should try the new JUSCO! it's near the macdonald, around RM20 from immigration, 10-15mins away. Lots of nice shops there for shopping!

hi, you mean the Tabrau City? Tabrau city is quite a big shopping mall, with lots of branded shops.

what do u mean by 'near the macdonald? you mean u can take a bus there to go to Tabrau city? :dunno:

pangzzz said:
many thanks for all your detailed replies... hoping to make a trip there sometime next week. Been ages since i last got out of SG(but going to johore dont exactly constitute taking a break overseas haha). :bsmilie:

oh yes, how is the shopping scene in city square? accoording to barracuda, it isnt that great...

Shopping in City Square will be like shopping in Parkway Parade in Singapore. Nothing much and you'll most probably see quite alot of familiar shop names you see locally. Worth a trip if you have not been there before but not really interesting if you want to make it a regular place to go to everytime you're there. Enjoy your trip!

barracuda said:
hi, you mean the Tabrau City? Tabrau city is quite a big shopping mall, with lots of branded shops.

what do u mean by 'near the macdonald? you mean u can take a bus there to go to Tabrau city? :dunno:

oh, nope.. if u drive northwards along the main road, u will pass by a macdonald at the left side, and Jusco is just there.

actually it's Tabrau City. Jusco is like 'taka in Ngee Ann City'. haha

barracuda said:

Brudder, it's [SIZE=-1]Tebrau .... :eek:[/SIZE]

behyx said:
oh, nope.. if u drive northwards along the main road, u will pass by a macdonald at the left side, and Jusco is just there.

Jusco is a km away after mac donald

hi ppl, so am i correct to say that JUSCO is also within walking distance from the causeway?

intend to make it a simple trip by jus walking ard...but considering the rising reports abt crime there...wonder if that really is a wise decision haha.

pangzzz said:
hi ppl, so am i correct to say that JUSCO is also within walking distance from the causeway?

intend to make it a simple trip by jus walking ard...but considering the rising reports abt crime there...wonder if that really is a wise decision haha.
yes,it's within walking distance,maybe 3 hours or so.

i suggest you take a cab there.Around RM15 to reach there.

no lah, Tebrau City is quite far away. I don't think it is a good idea to WALK to Tebrau City lah. Someone said there is a shuttle bus behind city square, but need to find out.

Canonised: Sorry lah, bro. My malay is limited. :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.