rty

Staff member
Jan 19, 2002
Singapore
aag.jpg

Canon 20mm F2.8 USM lens. Exposure 15 secs @ F10 ISO100

aah.jpg

Sigma 14mm F2.8 EX Aspherical HSM lens. Exposure 30 secs @ F13 ISO100

Levels and Perspective adjusted with Photoshop. Compare at your own perils:devil:

wow, all lite up! When u shot at light, did u use a remote IR/cable control?

Originally posted by tomshen
wow, all lite up! When u shot at light, did u use a remote IR/cable control?

Yes sir, I did.

great shots rty!! taken from the hill street building??

Originally posted by tomshen
How much u paid for it?;)

I bought it months ago, so I can't really remember. If not mistaken, it's around $60-$75. If you have a good tripod, I don't think you need it, unless you take a lot of nite shots.

Yes, I think the building is called the Hill Street building, but don't blame if I am wrong. :)

Beautiful. :thumbsup:

clapclapclapclapclapclap :thumbsup:

Whoa...!! Thank you very much guys!

Actually, I don't deserve any applause for these photos. Taking night shots like this needs no special skill at all. It is very easy. All you need to have are just a sturdy tripod and a camera that allows long exposure like 30 seconds or so.

sigh... dun know when i will be able to do that. My oly only allow up to 16s exposure. if i allow that long an exposure time, i would be seeing lotsa tiny and green ufos in my pic liao. btw, can someone explain to me what those usm or hsm lenses are ?

Originally posted by kylelam77
sigh... dun know when i will be able to do that. My oly only allow up to 16s exposure. if i allow that long an exposure time, i would be seeing lotsa tiny and green ufos in my pic liao. btw, can someone explain to me what those usm or hsm lenses are ?

USM stands for Ultra Sonic Motor, a term used by Canon, while HSM is the Sigma's term for Hyper Sonic Motor.

The advantage of having USM and HSM in lenses is basically a faster (and quieter?) auto-focusing. Hope I am not confusing you.

Originally posted by kylelam77
erm.... are u using these lenses on a digital slr?

Yes, the DSLR is the now obsolette Canon D30. :)

Great lighting. I'm awful at night shots....cos I ain't got a good cammie. :D

RockZ on! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.