128-2837_IMG_s.jpg

A desolated tree on Mt. Faber with Telok Blangah HDB as background
128-2845_IMG_s.jpg

City seen through the trees waving in the wind
128-2860_IMG_s.jpg

what camera is that?

quite nice pic but the trees spoil it

I was using a G2.

Hmm.. the trees really looking that bad arh? I've seen quite a number of articles on landscape photography, and they mentioned that a landscape shot must have foreground, mid ground and background to create the 3 dimensional space. A lot of illustrations were shown with trees at the center of the foreground and the scene at the background.

Anyway, I was trying something new as most night shots posted were just plain city skyline, and there are so many trees on Mt. Faber that I can't possibly avoid them, so I decided to take them in.

Thanks for your input fcpga. Next time I'll try and see if there are anything better that can be done. :)

Modified to correct some grammar mistakes

maybe can try a lower angle so that the tree wun block too much of the buildings?

Actually, I beg to differ, I kinda like the second pic with the tree. Pretty artistic!

I like the position of the tree in the third pic very much, don't really mind the tree in the first pic, but don't think the tree in the 2nd pic is pleasing. ;) Three different opinions for three trees.

Ziploc, you mean you've a number of articles or you've read a number of articles? :D

Chop down the tree..... best way to get a clean shot!

hehhehhee

Anyway, it would be great if we can see clearly the trees and not some shadowy effecet of the trees unless the background is very contrastly with it.

That will, in my views, bring out the 3-D effect as suggested.

Originally posted by Tweek
Ziploc, you mean you've a number of articles or you've read a number of articles? :D

Oops.. more mistakes after editing. Corrected. Heheh. :D

Mount faber is nice! Been there a lot of times but always cannot take pic because every single place also got tree blocking.. sianz ;p. Maybe clubsnap can go ask MOE(nvironment) to chop down a few trees in one area so we can take pic ;p

wow....great pic u haf there....esp. the second one....but wasted ah...the third pic....the branches were blocking.....if not i would haf been a really good shot....

Originally posted by isomers007
the 3rd pic is ok...but mebbe could take wif the branches a bit higher...

Ya... thats what I think too ;p

Originally posted by isomers007
the 3rd pic is ok...but mebbe could take wif the branches a bit higher...

hmm...yeah maybe move it up lor....but now those dark patches could be used as dark clouds lor....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.