• XENNEC Camera Bags GIVE AWAY - SHARE & TAG your Friend to WIN one XENNEC Stylish bags. Visit this thread thread for more information.

City Life


Status
Not open for further replies.

ziploc

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
4,576
0
0
Snoopyland
#1


Took this during the rush hour at City Hall mrt station... was trying to capture the busy lifes of city people, day in day out through the mrt gates, myself included...

And sadly (or fortunately, depends on how you see it :)), this was taken before my G2 went into hospital.
 

Daniel

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
167
0
0
Singapore
#2
Hospital? What happen?



-Daniel a.k.a Dark_Angel

"Yup yup! This my first post! Was getting sick of HWZ until this came along!"
 

Blankies

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
250
0
0
NTU
geocities.com
#3
the picture blur till like that not very nice...i know special effect...but some how..got the not nice feeling..
 

ziploc

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
4,576
0
0
Snoopyland
#4
Originally posted by Daniel
Hospital? What happen?



-Daniel a.k.a Dark_Angel

"Yup yup! This my first post! Was getting sick of HWZ until this came along!"
Hi DA,

The CF stucked inside the G2 and couldn't be ejected. Sent to Canon for repair now, and they needed 5 working days... :(
 

ziploc

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
4,576
0
0
Snoopyland
#5
Originally posted by Blankies
the picture blur till like that not very nice...i know special effect...but some how..got the not nice feeling..
Actually I think it is more interesting to have it blur then sharp. The motion blur was purposely done to signify the 'business' of the city people. If it is sharp then the theme will be lost. :)
 

Kei

Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
2,080
0
36
#7
Originally posted by ziploc


Actually I think it is more interesting to have it blur then sharp. The motion blur was purposely done to signify the 'business' of the city people. If it is sharp then the theme will be lost. :)
I like the pic in motion too :)
 

sbs99

Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
2,024
0
0
#8
Nice shot...yup like wat keito said...better blur than clear...it would have been boring. hehehe
:)
 

Daniel

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
167
0
0
Singapore
#9
On first look, it seems only the two persons on the right side are blurred while the other areas are sharp in focus, maybe Blankies found that disturbing, having his attention constantly drawn to the right.

Perhaps you would like to catch people when they are exiting the ticketing booth, that way you will catch more people in motion since they are leaving rather than stopping in front to insert the ticket.

With everyone moving at roughly the same speed and giving the same blurred focus, the picture might look more "harmonous".

Just a thought! :)


- Daniel aka Dark_Angel
 

ziploc

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
4,576
0
0
Snoopyland
#10
Originally posted by Daniel
On first look, it seems only the two persons on the right side are blurred while the other areas are sharp in focus, maybe Blankies found that disturbing, having his attention constantly drawn to the right.

Perhaps you would like to catch people when they are exiting the ticketing booth, that way you will catch more people in motion since they are leaving rather than stopping in front to insert the ticket.

With everyone moving at roughly the same speed and giving the same blurred focus, the picture might look more "harmonous".

Just a thought! :)


- Daniel aka Dark_Angel
Good idea. Will try that next time, thanks :)
 

I

iiioloiii

Guest
#12
If you welcome my pointers, a slight tilt down to include that red shirt women's toe and to exclude that two harsh white fluorescent (one on the top left and one on the red woman's head) would be ideal.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom