Status
Not open for further replies.

saturnss

Feb 25, 2004
Toa Payoh
Comments are welcome. :) Thanks

CityHalla.jpg

Hi,

I believe that the street lights and an on-coming car's headlight are too glaring. You could tried using a Starbust Filter to turn it to your advantage.

Other aspect... maybe you can improve on the sharpness. Did you handheld or used a tripod?

Good attempt anyway.

Nice mood :)

I agree with Francis abt the street lights & oncoming car's lights being 'too glaring' ...

There is also obvious ghosting above the first lamp post ...

Perhaps its the detail that is lacking, or somehow the lightings, the image appeared overly soft.

Or could it be the compression?

I do not feel any sense of mood this picture creates. Perhaps the angle is too ordinary. I see this kind of shots on tourists' cameras too.

You could have waited for the car lights to streak (properly) at the correct timing. Maybe you can try the mirror angle so you get the car breaklights instead? The reds will add to the feel.

That reminds me, I used to play with the aperture and exposure settings, and I will set to lowest aperture to achieve a good 30secs exposure yet not over-exposing. And the lowest ISO value.

Thank Francis, Wiz23, Slivester, Fluorite & eikin for your valuable comments...

Yes, the image appeared soft is due to the compression.

The picture was taken using a tripod with shutter priority set at 8 secs (which is the maximum of my camera. :) )

Thanks again for the comments..

Status
Not open for further replies.