City City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweek

Jan 17, 2002
East
www.weekai.com
Some shots taken in the city area today....:)

P1212113.jpg

P1212123.jpg

P1212128.jpg

Haha, the Fullerton shot is interesting!

Tweek,

Your Westin Stamford brought back bad memories, what if a plane...;p
I like your night scene, can share with this newbie what parameters and specs of camera you used. Thanks

Originally posted by YSLee
Haha, the Fullerton shot is interesting!

Yeah the band of light was formed by the setting sun shining through the gap between 2 buildings....

Originally posted by chrisang
Your Westin Stamford brought back bad memories, what if a plane...
I like your night scene, can share with this newbie what parameters and specs of camera you used. Thanks

Yeah to think that terrorists nearly carried out their evil plans on our very lands...and who knows there may be more out there.

The night scene was taken with F3.2 and 2.5s of exposure, Olympus C700UZ. Also worth noting is that white balance was "One-touch" mode. If white balance was in auto mode, the scene would look like this:

P1212139.jpg

More realistic looking, but too red to my liking. :)

Nice shots tw33k, especially the Fullerton. I actually had the same idea of taking light on a building shining through other buildings, but you beat me to it :)

The third picture (westin hotel with street lights) is also quite interesting. For the night shot I actually prefers the red one, even though it is a tad too red.

Originally posted by ziploc
Nice shots tw33k, especially the Fullerton. I actually had the same idea of taking light on a building shining through other buildings, but you beat me to it :)

The third picture (westin hotel with street lights) is also quite interesting. For the night shot I actually prefers the red one, even though it is a tad too red.

Thanks zippy :) Actually it wasn't a planned thing, I just saw the band of light right there and didn't waste the opportunity. Have you taken a similar shot yet? Show us!

Yeah the red one is more realistic cos the scene really looks red at that time. But then...too red already...

Originally posted by Tweek

Thanks zippy :) Actually it wasn't a planned thing, I just saw the band of light right there and didn't waste the opportunity. Have you taken a similar shot yet? Show us!

Yeah the red one is more realistic cos the scene really looks red at that time. But then...too red already...

No haven't taken the shot yet... been too lazy :)

Excellent shots! :gbounce:

Your photos are sharp and vibrant.

What were the settings you used and any post processing done?

Originally posted by Daniel
Excellent shots! :gbounce:

Your photos are sharp and vibrant.

What were the settings you used and any post processing done?

Thanks thanks....post processings done include adjusting levels and contrast, and 50% unsharp mask. :) Don't have the settings offhand with me now....but most of them should be about F5.6 at 1/250s (other than the night shot).

Status
Not open for further replies.