Cities of the Underworld

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbs99

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
Im currently enjoying the season1 of Cities of the Underworld series run on History Channel, anyone else? :)

Singapore have any hidden-from-public-view or long forgotten stuff?
(besides the obvious like mrt, cte, kpe...)
or South East Asia?

834161623_c5af55030f.jpg

Tokyo

oh? got more info?

i only knew they had that Hindhede quarry when they mined granite? (correct me if im wrong)

Trying to recall the route....I think it is the first side route from the entrance, you won't miss it. Two sealed tunnel if not wrong.

There is another route which is hidden along the treking track from Macmichi to Bukit Timah Hill, where there is a longkang leading right into the forest, which you can witness a small sort of waterfall created by steps. Very cool location. :)

i think bukit mah hill got alot of entrances, one from hindhede side, and another from mcritchie nature reserve i think.

i think i havent been to ur described entrances yet. :bsmilie:

i think bukit mah hill got alot of entrances, one from hindhede side, and another from mcritchie nature reserve i think.

i think i havent been to ur described entrances yet. :bsmilie:

:bsmilie:....need to see the map to remember. Can post the map here, I can show you?

There are places which not accessible to public. Need guts to go in. ;)

:bsmilie:....need to see the map to remember. Can post the map here, I can show you?

There are places which not accessible to public. Need guts to go in. ;)

is there actually a bukit timah map? lol
i go google for it first... :bsmilie:

is this good enough? not sure if it's up to date... got it from here
http://www.nparks.gov.sg/nature_bukit_hiking.asp

[Click to view a larger version]

Good enough...Go along the green path from the visitor entrance...you should able to see the sealed tunnels.

If you go to the end of the catchment path, you will see big sewage pipings.
Beside the pipings, there is a natural made reservior hidden within the trees. Where you will be able to see fishes swimming in clear water. It's very refreshing.

I always visit the area every quater to take pictures. :)

An interesting underground city would be the underground cities in Pioneer Square, Seattle.

Visited it a few weeks back, and gosh, it's amazing (although not as amazing as the Tokyo ones though).

Good enough...Go along the green path from the visitor entrance...you should able to see the sealed tunnels.

If you go to the end of the catchment path, you will see big sewage pipings.
Beside the pipings, there is a natural made reservior hidden within the trees. Where you will be able to see fishes swimming in clear water. It's very refreshing.

I always visit the area every quater to take pictures. :)

Erm...u mentioned two sealed tunnels, both at the same spot?
:sweatsm:

An interesting underground city would be the underground cities in Pioneer Square, Seattle.

Visited it a few weeks back, and gosh, it's amazing (although not as amazing as the Tokyo ones though).

Seattle has underground cities? modern or forgotten ones?

Er, a distance a part. :)

oic...so in the same area, but visibly a distance apart? i remember seeing a photo
of the tunnel online somewhere before, like those locked green gates at labrador...but i cant
find those photos online anymore.

I may go take a look, and take some photos for safekeeping. :)

oic...so in the same area, but visibly a distance apart? i remember seeing a photo
of the tunnel online somewhere before, like those locked green gates at labrador...but i cant
find those photos online anymore.

I may go take a look, and take some photos for safekeeping. :)

quite a distance apart actually (few hundred meters apart)

quite a distance apart actually (few hundred meters apart)

Ah ok thanks for the info! :D

Here's some other underground areas in singapore.
(googled)

Accessible ones

Battlebox at Fort Canning

Labrador Park Tunnels
( http://infopedia.nlb.gov.sg/articles/SIP_14_2005-01-25.html )

Fort Siloso (large area has closed out of bounds)

Ones that are neither here nor there, accessible with difficulty

NUS library basement (there is right for book storage? anyone can confirm it exists? haha)

Singapore poly has some? (again this is hard to prove, mostly hearsay)

Marsiling storm drains

Sembawang mini bomb shelters near those old colonial houses

Some former forts/gun emplacements on Sentosa
( see http://www.fortsiloso.com/ )

Not accessible at all by general public

The UAF in Bukit Timah

JRC on Jurong Island

T.A.B (heard there's lots...haha...but yah...dun post sensitive info here pls.)

Pearl's Hill Reservior (is there something under the hill?)

Katong Fort (dug and found, buried again. :p)

If anyone has any historical info, feel free to share. If it's too sensitive, you can PM me info. Good to gather Singapore's past and present history, before they are all gone. :sweat:
Im sure there are other avid historical/architecture/abandonments buffs here as well.
(i know there's at least 3, including me. haa)

Status
Not open for further replies.