Citibank's 24 hrs. Citiphone Banking hotline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canew

Jul 26, 2005
Tampines
hjgoh.spaces.live.com
Hello everyone,

Anyone tried calling the Citiphone Banking hotline for the last 3 days? (62255225 and/or 62387777, the Platinum hotline). Wow! The line seems to be busy 24 hrs. a day! Tried calling in the morning - busy. Call in the afternoon - busy. Even tried calling at 2 am in the morning - also busy! Been trying to call them for the last 3 days already - can't seem to get through.

Anyone else facing this problem?

busy as in the phone line engaged or nobody answer?

bcos i know that usually, i will be on hold for quite long before being transferred to the helpdesk person.

Sometimes, engaged tone. Needed to redial a few times. Sometimes, held on the line for 15 minutes, still not connected to an officer. :(

Hello everyone,

Anyone tried calling the Citiphone Banking hotline for the last 3 days? (62255225 and/or 62387777, the Platinum hotline). Wow! The line seems to be busy 24 hrs. a day! Tried calling in the morning - busy. Call in the afternoon - busy. Even tried calling at 2 am in the morning - also busy! Been trying to call them for the last 3 days already - can't seem to get through.

I called yesterday. Took me more than 10 attempts on the 62255225 hotline before it FINALLY got thru to the.... mechanical recorded voice! Yuppee!!!!

And I was put on hold for more than 30mins before a CSO attended to me.

Happened at abt 1030H when I started making my calls on card termination. Damnation, I think I'd head straight to MacDonalds House instead. It would be faster. Anyone knows what time are they open till daily?

I called yesterday. Took me more than 10 attempts on the 62255225 hotline before it FINALLY got thru to the.... mechanical recorded voice! Yuppee!!!!

And I was put on hold for more than 30mins before a CSO attended to me.

Happened at abt 1030H when I started making my calls on card termination. Damnation, I think I'd head straight to MacDonalds House instead. It would be faster. Anyone knows what time are they open till daily?

30 minutes is way too long :thumbsd:

Hmmm, they used to be pretty quick. Maybe they have out-sourced their call center to another location? :think:

i tried calling previous night , i m on hold for 15 mins , before i speak to a cso , told me that he will submit request to the senior on the termination request, , the following day then call me ,

i think must be the titanium series then can get good service bar

They used to be good. Platinum hotline always got an answer within 5 minutes. These days its ridiculous. This is the problem when you upgrade EVERYONE to Platinum cardmember :confused:

They're as bad a UOB now :angry:

Hello everyone,

also facing this problem ( nobody answer, only machine talking)
during my application, the banker said i would get free voucher, but didn't get it only after couple months of phone call to the banker, then she sent those lousy vocuher to me.
:think: before application(banker never say no :thumbsup: :lovegrin: ), after application :)thumbsd: :angry:)

Sian, they just charged me late payment fee for last statement. Salary in on 15th, I pay on 15th but because it was CNY, payment didn't get through until 22nd Feb, which is the pay by date. Now gotta go through the ordeal of calling up CrappyBank to get them to waive the fee... looks like I may discoutinue using their credit cards if this keeps up :angry:

i know that calling hotline takes very long to get to a human...but is there a FREQUENT need to call the hotline?

i only call like once in a year to cancel my card ...

i know that calling hotline takes very long to get to a human...but is there a FREQUENT need to call the hotline?

Well, there are occassional ****-ups which are best (and fastest) fixed by calling up. Like recently I called to cancel a supplementary card, and they ended up cancelling my main card as well :confused: Took a few calls and a trip down to a Citibank booth to reinstate my card and all the reward points.

No, not that I call them frequently. I only call them to waive my annual fee. Sometimes called them for other stuff.

strange, just now i called UOB an CSO pick up once i press 2 without even waiting. Talk a bit and my charges are waived

Faced the same problem too. I wanted to terminate all the accounts (Ready Credit and credit card) and I tried calling their hotline. For two days and about 15 to 20 mins each time I listened to their voice message again and again until I decided to send an email.

Best thing is after I told them to cancel all the account, they still called me two to three times to retain the Ready Credit.

I think citibank got a lot of people calling in at the same time...its same as starhub...

lol i use ocbc, so ok lah~~ ehehehehe

I called DBS a few times regarding card issues. Service is good. I called once on a Sunday after midnight and the officer is patient to serve me.

This is good service.

Status
Not open for further replies.