Circumstances under which a policeman can fire his weapon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

+evenstar

Can anyone enlighten me? I've some maniac who claims that he is a security guard and that he'll use violence on photographers who take photo of the building under his charge...(i found this statement hilarious)

Here is where we cannot use the term "shoot first talk later". :bsmilie:

../azul123

+evenstar said:
Can anyone enlighten me? I've some maniac who claims that he is a security guard and that he'll use violence on photographers who take photo of the building under his charge...(i found this statement hilarious)

Let's see.

Only chance in SG is when the policeman is under bodily threat and under the threat that he may be seriously hurt or killed by the assailant.

+evenstar said:
Are the circumstances only:

ii) for self defense when being attacked?

possibly. but if he fires a shot, he will have a lot to answer for. besides, how much harm can a photographer do to the point that a security personnel has to fire a shot??

the chap is probably a nut case...

hopefully somone from SPF can enlighten us...

+evenstar said:

i think you should contact the supervisor of this security before someone get hurt. it is no like you want to break his rice bowl, but you do agree he is dangerous right?

Was this clown wearing a sidearm?? It was probably a wanna-be, wanna-be policeman, walking around talking like his sh*t don't stink. Actually does sound like some policemen I have some across, just because they have a gun they can talk and treat people with absolutely no respect whatsoever.

+evenstar said:
Circumstances under which a Police Officer can discharge his firearm and shoot to kill is in the event when there is absolute imminent danger to his life.

Even in such a circumstance, the officer can only shoot to injure.

Based on the statement the security guard said, if u had recorded it down, u can sue the person for criminal intimidation.

i think u serve NS then u ask lah.

in all honesty most police would try as far as possible not to fire.
coz once they fire a round there is alot to answer for.
interviews, reports......

unless the policeman is dead sure he has no choice & he got the right suspect.

I've posted this thread after this idiot (yes, i'll use this strong term) started posting his crap comments on my school blog here. Some guy who thinks he knows lots about the law. I lifted some phrases from CS though..;p

those who are itching to comment in the blog, note your use of language. posts with improper language will be moderated

I had a good laugh reading that blog. The idiot obviously is on some kind of power trip. Unless he works for Cisco or the Police Force, and unless he is guarding some government building he has no reason to carry a gun, even if he is a security guard, which security firm is licensed to issue weapons to their guards?

He thinks he is some cowboy town where you can just open fire on a person.

You can take a photograph of any property provided you do not use it for any commercial purposes or monetary gain. If you do you would need a property release which is to be signed by the management of the property. Similarly if you photograph someone you need to get them to sign a model release in order to use it for any purpose unless specifically stated. If you do any of the above without the proper releases, the person(s) or property can sue you for damages, but most likely they will tell you to cease and desist using the image.

I would love to meet this idiot. Let him pull his weapon on me, he would probably make someone in prison a very happy person(if you know what I mean):bsmilie:.

The fact that he draws his weapon without any provocation can be construed as an offence. Let him even try getting my camera from me with "violence", there'll be hell to pay.

+evenstar said:
Did he say he will use his gun to shoot you if you take photograph of a building? If he did, you can actually make a police report and probably you can sue him for criminal intimidation ..... in sg it is illegal to threaten ppl to use firearm for anything except self-defence. :think:

Canonised said:
Did he say he will use his gun to shoot you if you take photograph of a building? If he did, you can actually make a police report and probably you can sue him for criminal intimidation ..... in sg it is illegal to threaten ppl to use firearm for anything except self-defence. :think:

Dude! Go read the +evenstar's blog, a few posts earlier, read what that idiot had to say. You'll get a better picture Then again it could be some douche bag, hiding behind the internet to talk a whole lot of crap.

Canonised said:

Actually based on the bog posts, if you can derive his IP address, make a poilce report on him threatening you and I guess the ISP may reveal his details to the police. I would love to see how he is charged for making such empty threats.

Normally if I am out doing street shots, ppl who walk pass me will ask whether I am a reporter for some reason :sweat: I just say yes :sweat: *Guilty* :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.