Circular Quay in Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrifeYun

Nov 15, 2006
Rivervale Drive
C&C :)

I like the "glow" from the sunset, but i think something seems to be missing, maybe some darkening around the sides ?
sometimes i feel the picture to abit "fake".

How do you guys feel ?

Thanks.

hehe thanks eikin (on write up) hee paisei nv read the T&C for Critic Corner :x

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
the darker parts are blueish, that, i find, other than during night photography gives the picture a very fake-ish feel

i might be wrong, but it does seem like the picture has been oversharpened, the buildings are too sharp to me

the lighting also does not seem very right - for example building on leftmost should be evenly lighted, but the top is darkened - use of filter or uncorrected vignetting perhaps. the former is unavoidable, the latter can be removed

i tried messing around with the color balance :dunno:

personally, i also think the composition is not the strongest it can be, if there was space to the right of the frame, maybe taking a frame slightly to the right and excluding that building on the left might be better

StrifeYun

Nov 15, 2006
Rivervale Drive
Hmm now that you mentioned, it does seem abit over sharpened.
wanted to fit in the boat thats why the building on the left.
Image was a HDR. think i need more exp. adjusting the colour.
A slim filter was used. should play around with the vignetting.

Thanks for you inputs :)

the darker parts are blueish, that, i find, other than during night photography gives the picture a very fake-ish feel

i might be wrong, but it does seem like the picture has been oversharpened, the buildings are too sharp to me

the lighting also does not seem very right - for example building on leftmost should be evenly lighted, but the top is darkened - use of filter or uncorrected vignetting perhaps. the former is unavoidable, the latter can be removed

i tried messing around with the color balance :dunno:

personally, i also think the composition is not the strongest it can be, if there was space to the right of the frame, maybe taking a frame slightly to the right and excluding that building on the left might be better

compositionally i think like the picture a bit not balanced.. esp on the bottom half.. maybe coz of the boat (facing inwards) ba.. and the half a building that was chopped off..

but the colours are quite rich (maybe too rich? ha).. you boosted contrast and saturation by a lot ah? =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom