Circular Polarizer - where's the best place to buy one and how much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cottonbuds2005

Jan 1, 2009
Balam Rd
Hi,

I'm very new to dSLR photography and I always envy those outdoor pictures with startling contrasts between skies and clouds. That's why I'm on my way out now to buy a CPL, but which shop sells the cheapest? Is there a previous thread with price lists of filters? How much does one usually cost for 52mm lens (D60)?

Thanks.

Please try a search. There are numerous such threads and pricelists.

Hi,

I'm very new to dSLR photography and I always envy those outdoor pictures with startling contrasts between skies and clouds. That's why I'm on my way out now to buy a CPL, but which shop sells the cheapest? Is there a previous thread with price lists of filters? How much does one usually cost for 52mm lens (D60)?

Getting a CPL does not means that you can always get a startling contrast... Taking multi-exposure shots on the other hand in most cases "guarantee" it... :)

Hi,

Thanks.
Isnt that the job of ND filter?

pricing have to depend on US$ prices. As long not too much difference consider cheapest already.

In my experience, best place need not necessarily mean the cheapest place and vice versa..

Hi,

Thanks.

Which ever filter you buy you need to know what grade(quality) of CPL you need or want. There are as many grades as there are brands and the prices vary considerable. Example: there are at least three grades of Hoya CPLs. Read up first or else you run the risk of paying more than is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.