Circular Polarizer Questions !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeter

May 1, 2004
recently while trying to find a Circular Polarizer, i found out that some of them are adjustable!

Does it means that all is adjustable ? (thru the filter with something to rotate)
And there are those none adjustable ones ? (those that is FIX)
And whether there will be price differences ?
Which one is better for a Digital Camera ?

Hope someone can answer my questions.

for canon lenses, it is stated ONLY use a circular polarizer, though if you wanted to, a linear polarizer can be used :p

all circular polarizers can be rotated, as far as 35mm lenses are concerned.

Hmm... wat u mean by 35mm ? i am using a C5050. Hoping to get a 55mm circular polarizer. But i just dun know the rough prices of those items.... So needed hope. And Now found out there is adjustable and FIX ones ?

All polarisers are adjustable. Never heard of a fixed polariser. This is to allow you to vary the degree of polarisation. Do not get a linear polariser as it might screw up AF on your camera, stick to the circular ones. There will be differences in price depending on the brand you buy; a good budget option are the Hoya ones.

sehsuan was referring to the 35mm film format (which you needn't bother about for now, but can read up if you are interested to learn more about photography)

Hi Leeter,

My colleague has a C5050 too and he bought a Hoya cir pol for about $32 at Lords in Lucky Plaza.

Oh manz... i gotta go there see see.... someone offered me a circular polarizer for 40 bucks.... MORA (never seen b4) And also someone want to sell me a Linear (cannot adjustable according to him) one for 15 bucks... sounds like a deal, but cannot adjust ??

Thnx G12 for the price guide.... hehee :) Specially create account to tell me ?

And justarius for letting me about all polarizer are adjustable hehee.. And oh.. 35mm.. those films cameras... read about them before.. but too 'chim' to understand !

leeter said:
Oh manz... i gotta go there see see.... someone offered me a circular polarizer for 40 bucks.... MORA (never seen b4) And also someone want to sell me a Linear (cannot adjustable according to him) one for 15 bucks... sounds like a deal, but cannot adjust ??

read ALL the posts above. It's already stated that with a linear polariser, the AF on your digicam would NOT work.

haha.. sorry.... but i read on a site, it says that C5050 works fine with Linear polarizer... guess i better get a Circular one :)

leeter said:
haha.. sorry.... but i read on a site, it says that C5050 works fine with Linear polarizer... guess i better get a Circular one :)

guess you can try it out yourself... :D

haha.. i guess so bah... i would go to Lucky Plaza tmlz.... 32 bucks for circular polarizer cheap right ?
G21 u sure its only 32 mahz? haha... later i go there wasted trip....

Linear polarizors generally only affect the Phase Detection AF systems of SLRs. Digicams that use contrast detection can use Linear Polarizors without ill effect.

A polariser that cannot be adjusted? I think you guys are actually talking about neutral or gradated density filters... all circular or linear polarisers should be adjustable to deal with different lighting conditions.

leeter said:
someone offered me a circular polarizer for 40 bucks.... MORA
I've got a Mora circ-polariser... 52 mm thread? Cost me slightly below $20. Don't get ripped off.

Thnx tingchiyen and guys for replying !! ;)

So the price of a 52mm one is 20+, so a 55mm one wont cost too much either.

Someone in this Forum replied to me in PM that he selling MORA 55mm for 40bucks..... Dun know whether to let u guys know his Name anot.... Somemore i guess he created multi-accounts.

Toking abt neutral or gradated density filters, what is their price like ? damnz... i paiseh to ask sia.... cant even pronounce them correctly... lolz.. :sweat:

justarius said:
All polarisers are adjustable. Never heard of a fixed polariser. This is to allow you to vary the degree of polarisation. Do not get a linear polariser as it might screw up AF on your camera, stick to the circular ones. There will be differences in price depending on the brand you buy; a good budget option are the Hoya ones.

sehsuan was referring to the 35mm film format (which you needn't bother about for now, but can read up if you are interested to learn more about photography)

kit, u trying to prove something ?

tingchiyen forgotten to ask where u got urs ? and whether MORA brand is good enuff ? or a HoYa one is better ?

Picked mine up from P&G at adelphi... i've received a PM from a friend telling me she got hers at $21 at the same place... guess it's about there.

No complaints about the Mora, one polariser as good as another as far as i'm concerned... the B&W ones might be way slimmer and all, but it doesn't really seem to matter picture quality-wise... just get what you're willing to pay for. My other polariser's a 72mm Nikon, and frankly, i think they work equally well.

tingchiyen said:
Picked mine up from P&G at adelphi... i've received a PM from a friend telling me she got hers at $21 at the same place... guess it's about there.

No complaints about the Mora, one polariser as good as another as far as i'm concerned... the B&W ones might be way slimmer and all, but it doesn't really seem to matter picture quality-wise... just get what you're willing to pay for. My other polariser's a 72mm Nikon, and frankly, i think they work equally well.

Wheres P&G at adelphi ? is it in Singapore ? :sweatsm: i not that good with streets ! coz i guess i will grab at the place u said.. rather than Lucky plaza, coz i am new... might get choppEd :sweat:

The Adelphi the one oppossite Funan ?

Status
Not open for further replies.