Circle of Confusion is:

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetShooter

Jan 17, 2002
Katong
streetshooter.clubsnap.org
WITHOUT DOING AN INTERNET SEARCH TO CHECK ON THIS TERM vote on whether the above term is a bona fide photographic technical term or whether it is a spoof on terms such as depth of field and aperture value.

Eh, I'm confused ;)

Seriously, do I get a prize if I know?

:( I could do with a EOS1D top prize...

... I need a new doorstop :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Originally posted by StreetShooter

I thought you already had a Nikon D1whatever? :dent:

Exactly my point. I've already got several cameras... now I'm looking for something to hold the doors open while I'm bundling around with a ton of kit.

Isn't a circle of confusion 12 Canon users trying to use Manual Focus and or manual exposure mode?:devil: ;) ;p

Originally posted by Ian
Isn't a circle of confusion 12 Canon users trying to use Manual Focus and or manual exposure mode?:devil: ;) ;p

lol! actually that's a general photography myth ;p

the circle of confusion refers to 12 Canon users looking at the Nikon lens lineup and wondering why is it so disorganised :devil:

Actually, a circle of confusion is 12 Canon users who've been told they actually need to use their equipment to take photographs now.

Originally posted by Red Dawn

the circle of confusion refers to 12 Canon users looking at the Nikon lens lineup and wondering why is it so disorganised :devil:

Ahh but the Nikon Lens system requires 3 main attributes of a photographer:

Intelligence: In order to fathom the depths of the allegedly cryptic mount terminology which is so simple to understand, except for Canon users it seems :devil:

Appreciation: Of the wonders of the most complete 35mm system ever produced. :thumbsup:

Freedom: from the stigma of being a P&S SLR owner/user. ;p

And finally at a professional level:

Camera bodies that aren't doorstops :light:

Originally posted by ckiang
Isn't Circle of Confusion:

12 Nikon users wondering why the Canon lenses focus and zooms the other way round and mounts the other way round.

;)

Regards
CK

Nah, it's coz Canon Reverse Engineered from Nikon haha

Originally posted by Ian

Nah, it's coz Canon Reverse Engineered from Nikon haha

i'm glad they did (IF they did) cos it obviously shows Nikon engineers had screws loose in their heads ;)

When u

1) Open a door using the door knob
2) Open the cap of a water bottle (screw type)
3) Tighten a screw

which direction do u turn? clockwise or anticlockwise?

and which direction do u turn to mount and unmount a Nikon lens? see? loose screws running around! :) :D ;) :cool:

Originally posted by Red Dawn

i'm glad they did (IF they did) cos it obviously shows Nikon engineers had screws loose in their heads

When u

1) Open a door using the door knob
2) Open the cap of a water bottle (screw type)
3) Tighten a screw

which direction do u turn? clockwise or anticlockwise?

and which direction do u turn to mount and unmount a Nikon lens? see? loose screws running around!

Actually not. Stop and think about it :)

Nikon lenses mount clockwise to install and anti clockwise to remove as viewed from the top of the camera, which as we all know is how most sane people mount their lenses, by holding the body from underneath in the left hand (for right handers) and then fitting the lens to the body with the lens at right angles to the shoulders. (For the conceptually challenged: lens in right hand and mounts clockwiseas viewed from the back of the body). This is as we know the fastest way to change a lens when using a body!

Haha therefore Canon have it arse about face! :devil: :cool: ;p

qed. the prosecution rests its case that Canon have it all the wrong way round.

Status
Not open for further replies.