Status
Not open for further replies.

XilverClaireEvents

Oct 5, 2010
Singapore
cinematica.jpeg

CINEMATICA in Singapore by Parc Cruz and Ku Manahan
2 full days of Extensive Photography Lighting and Post Processing Course
3 & 4 September 2011 (9am to 6pm both days)

Workshop Prices:
- Regular Price: s$475
- Early Bird: s$440 (before 16th July)
- Former XCE attendees(automatic members): $415 only
- Full Payment (One time): $415 (anyone, anytime before 16th July)

**Prices are also available for installment**
1st/Down payment: s$140 (before 16th July) / s$175 (starting 16th July) / s$115 (members)
2nd Payment: s$150 (end of July)
3rd Payment: s$150 (end of August)

Venues: Will only be disclosed to paid participants

Class size: 30 pax
We have 2 instructors and the system established in teaching the course will give enough time for all the attendees to shoot and learn accordingly. Assistants will also be provided for those who need special attention during the class.

Each student is given a chance for a one-on-one coaching for both lighting and photoshop sessions to address each and everyone's unique needs. If you have 'unconfident' or sparse knowledge in photoshop or lighting, this workshop is perfect for you. Students can ask as much as they want to know, and it shall be keenly answered by the instructors.

The primary approach of this workshop is to teach you different ways of seeing and doing things on lighting and post processing then let you decide on your own as to which method or outlook you will use or come up with as an artist/photographer. This workshop will guide you in executing various concepts to give you more choices in expressing your creative minds. The guides taught will help you apply this in all fields of photography.

Cinematica aims to reinforce your existing ability and knowledge no matter how little or enormous it is, and no matter what genre you're into.

Format:
- 1st day, Lighting Lecture and Photoshoot Session (indoor & outdoor)
- 2nd day, Extensive Post Processing

Course Outline:
- Lighting Fundamentals Ambient/Controlled Lighting
- Controlling your camera's color and contrast
- Proof of concept (actual shoot)
- Conservative post processing
- Understanding Layers in Photoshop
- Eyes/Skin/Tone/Color Enhancement
- Post-Processing Techniques for Portraits & Landscapes
- Image Manipulation / Digital Art
- Blending Modes
- Texture & Composite

Photoshoot Subjects:
- Fat Boy Harley Davidson with a hot chick rider
- 2 High Fashion Cinematic Themed Models (elaborate styling)

Other Details:
- Lunch for both days provided
- Hand outs and other materials provided

To Register or For more Inquiries:
Please contact xilverclaire@gmail.com / +65 9771 2430

Parc's works can also be found here:
http://www.parconline.biz/photoart/index.php?x=browse

Xilver Claire Events

The reason that I'm writing this is not to break anyone's rice bowl, but to share with all the members here on the way that this organizer, Xilver Claire Events on conducting such workshop.

I would like to know what is the status of Cinematica in Singapore - 2 days of Lighting and Post Processing Course workshop? Is it still ON, postponed or cancelled? The latest update that I know is that Parc Cruz are not available for this workshop and it has been rescheduled. But when? There's no single email or sms to update the status of this workshop!

My friend have been emailing you and even sms you asking for refund, however there's no reply from you. What kinda of professionalism do you have as a workshop organizer?

Organizer info:

Name: Calay DePedro Gallinero (Xilverclaire)
Facebook: link deleted

If you or any of your friends who are reading this, I hope you can give me and my friend a favorable answer!

Last edited:
yeah, 1 more week to go still no news :(

I believe there are even more participants are waiting for her answer. Participants are not only playing but also allocate their precious time for this workshop. At least the organizer should keep the participants update of the status instead of keeping quite.

Due to this, refund will be the answer!

I believe there are even more participants are waiting for her answer. Participants are not only playing but also allocate their precious time for this workshop. At least the organizer should keep the participants update of the status instead of keeping quite.

Due to this, refund will be the answer!

Let's hope so. I also paid in full.

A few of my friends got reply from her, event postponed and will refund, you may want to send email to her as her sg number non-contactable.

A few of my friends got reply from her, event postponed and will refund, you may want to send email to her as her sg number non-contactable.

Thanks. I'll email to her.

Xilverclaire has a good track record in organizing workshops like this. The news I heard is she has a personal and family problem and currently in the Philippines. As what yeekhai mentioned she will be refunding the fees since the workshop is already cancelled, hope she do a formal announcement for all once she's back on track. Let us all hope for the best.

Xilverclaire has a good track record in organizing workshops like this. The news I heard is she has a personal and family problem and currently in the Philippines. As what yeekhai mentioned she will be refunding the fees since the workshop is already cancelled, hope she do a formal announcement for all once she's back on track. Let us all hope for the best.

Thanks for your info. However I prefer to hear it from her. Numerous emails and sms have been send, but there are no single reply from her. Is it very difficult to spend a small time just to reply to all participants or publish an announcement here?

I sympathy with her situation, but business still business. As mentioned by you... "Xilverclaire has a good track record in organizing workshops like this..." and I hope she won't tarnish her reputation in this workshop.

Hopefully she will give all participants a favourable answer soon instead of keeping everyone waiting...

agreed with Gonzales.

i think if she can send msg to few of us, might as well reply to this thread directly and her facebook. at least all will know what to expect. and please let us have the possible date for the refund. dont think we can wait indefinetely for her.

i would like to do a head count, please pm me if you have paid full or partial or receive msg from her.

so far my side got 5 either paid full or partial.

thanks.

I'm not sure how many participants are involved in this workshop. Whoever are involved, please update the name list below:

1. MrLens - waiting for refund

Hi,

My apologies for not having kept in touch for a very long time. I went home in the Philippines last 4th week of July. And with a series of unfortunate events, i fell very ill and was hospitalized for a very long time. I was released few days ago but I'm still being rushed back from time to time to the hospital. Would like to highlight too that the hospital doesn't have internet that's why I couldn't reach out to you. My sincere apologies for having caused you great inconvenience.

Due to my health condition, Cinematica is being being cancelled and will be rescheduled to another indefinite date.

I will be refunding those who have made their payment.

Sometimes there are unforeseen events in our lives that get's us to unpleasant or unwanted situations.

I am sincerely asking for your great understanding. For those who have attended my previous workshops, I hope you somehow felt that I am not the type of person who would drop her responsibilities and run away with money as others may think.

Sincerely,
Xilver Claire

Hi,

My apologies for not having kept in touch for a very long time. I went home in the Philippines last 4th week of July. And with a series of unfortunate events, i fell very ill and was hospitalized for a very long time. I was released few days ago but I'm still being rushed back from time to time to the hospital. Would like to highlight too that the hospital doesn't have internet that's why I couldn't reach out to you. My sincere apologies for having caused you great inconvenience.

Due to my health condition, Cinematica is being being cancelled and will be rescheduled to another indefinite date.

I will be refunding those who have made their payment.

Sometimes there are unforeseen events in our lives that get's us to unpleasant or unwanted situations.

I am sincerely asking for your great understanding. For those who have attended my previous workshops, I hope you somehow felt that I am not the type of person who would drop her responsibilities and run away with money as others may think.

Sincerely,
Xilver Claire

Calay... you have successfully organized a few workshops before this. Therefore a lot of participants doesn't hesitate to register this workshop based on your previous good records. It's very unfortunate to know your health situation and the cancellation of this workshop. Hopefully you can make the refund accordingly. Thanks.

Hi Calay, hope you have a sppedy recovery. received my refund alrdy. thanks

ALL REFUNDS HAVE BEEN MADE.

Thank you all for understanding my situation.

Sincerely,
Xilver Claire

Thank you guys for the great understanding and trust.
Xilver Claire Events shall continue giving you quality workshops soon.

Xilver Claire

Status
Not open for further replies.