"CID" scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

NitroTech

Apr 4, 2002
In Paradise
Visit site
Anyone here got a call from an automated calling machine claiming they are from the "High Court" of Singapore? :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Asked me to press "9" so I did and got connected to this guy with a funny accent. He told me my bank accounts have been freezed cos I borrowed money illegally from loan sharks! :bsmilie:

I told him that he got his facts wrong..... I told I am the loan shark and I loan people money instead.... He hung up immediately! :bsmilie::sweatsm:

Smart, keke. :thumbsup: ^^

"I told I am the loan shark and I loan people money instead"

lu jia lat liao - now de real CID looking for u liao :bigeyes:

Look lor.... :sweatsm: if they can find evidence then charge me lor. I won't resist one... :bsmilie:

I receive once, the automatic voice is in mandarin, i just hang up the phone.
If really got case in High Court, police will be knocking at my door first.

joking only lah :) wonder why these cheaters never get caught esp those nigerian scammers.

No lah, CID don't come looking for people just like that :bsmilie:

joking only lah :) wonder why these cheaters never get caught esp those nigerian scammers.
Actually they do get caught. Average a few fellows per year (check out the news ;))...

Or answer

"don't you have my office number? Why are you calling regarding official matters on my personal line? I'm the chief judge, you don't have my office number"

(no such rank, proper name is chief justice)

:bsmilie:

I spoke to my fren whose uncle is in the police force, if the CID wants to talk to you regarding an investigation, they would come down in person and talk to you face to face rather than through phone call.

Talking is just one form of communication, if I am an investigator I would prefer face to face so as to observe any non-verbal communication which might indicate 'guilt' or you are hidding something from me..

Never watch CSI meh? Where got see the CSI team talk on the phone to get statement / confession? ;)

Don't be scam by those dishonest people!

Status
Not open for further replies.