Church Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdamGoi said:
So you're from CMC ... ;)

I surely am... also found out recently that streetshooter is from there as well, and pipefish too... and yourself? :)

What is the full name of CMC? I from Geylang Methodist Church. Nice to meet brothers-in-Christ here.

I am from Bethesda Frankel Estate Church in Siglap!! ST1100 and RaymondCheah (Canonites) are from there!! The resident shooters.. :bigeyes:

Goodness.. lucky my surname not Ong, else I will be tempted to call my son Nick... Man Nikon!!

Oh, really? Your mum attending it? Chinese Service, Hokkien Service, English or Bilingual service?

Bernard Ong said:
What is the full name of CMC? I from Geylang Methodist Church. Nice to meet brothers-in-Christ here.

Hiya,

CMC = Christ Methodist Church

I was at City Harvest on Sunday. My, it was more like a rock concert than a church service. Coming from a traditional christian background, CH was like mind boggling. I attended Hillsong City in Sydney and it was not even close to CH. Should have brought the cam, plenty of photo opportunities then! But then again, their own equipment is of broadcast quality, with huge cameras and mixing boards.

I came from traditional Christian Background too. I attend Chinese Congregation where only piano and organ is allowed during service. We sang only Hymms back then. I was previously from Jurong Christian Church (Lutheren) before coming over to GMC cos my girlfren attends service at GMC.

Never been to CH and never will. They may be the fastest growing church in Singapore but i doubt all new believers are well follow-up in the faith. Many new believers may believe not out of faith but feelings. Once the'high' feelings subsided, they will go back to the secular world...... sad.

Quantity is not equal to Quality.

wow. My girlfriend was from the Chinese Service before joining the Bilingual service lately.

Bernard Ong said:
I came from traditional Christian Background too. I attend Chinese Congregation where only piano and organ is allowed during service. We sang only Hymms back then. I was previously from Jurong Christian Church (Lutheren) before coming over to GMC cos my girlfren attends service at GMC.

Never been to CH and never will. They may be the fastest growing church in Singapore but i doubt all new believers are well follow-up in the faith. Many new believers may believe not out of faith but feelings. Once the'high' feelings subsided, they will go back to the secular world...... sad.

Quantity is not equal to Quality.

support support :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
me too from fundamental church and yes.. chinese congregation as well :D
(Calvary Pandan Bible Presbyterian)

i prefer listening to sermons than 'rock concert' ;p

lhjz, u happen to know a fren of mine, Ke Lun, who attends that church also? Tall, skinny, tanned.

No problem Adam, I'm enjoying every minute of it!

gundu... don't think any offence was intended. I had a great time on sunday at CH but I do think Rev Kong's msg needs to be taken into context, especially the parts where he criticised the practices of other churches (not speaking in tounges etc...).

OMG this is a small world... the dude in cmc-videoken.jpg is my fren... and former colleague. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.