CHurch ROM tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoExist

Apr 25, 2003
Visit site
Need some tips on a church ROM(city harvest), 80% outdoor. i have limited equipment and flim is sponsored. Have 3 rolls of off the shelf kind of flim. ISO 200 think my fnd got the konica brand.

I have a EOS 88, very basic flim cam with 28-80mm TAMROM(diameter 58mm) f3.5-f5.6 if i didnt forget. And a 70-300mm f3.5-5.6 tele lens. a flash also, borrowed it from a friend.arent sure wad kind auto or wat.(i borrowed it for fill flash purpose since is outdoor)
i have a polarising lens also and a 0.5X tele converter(almost fisheye) cum a marco adaptor

Question here is wad equipment shld i leave it at home? i think my tele lens can leave it behind, any comments? and polarising lens? shld i leave it on?

And for this kind of outdoor shots with subjects, shld i go into AV mode or TL mode or even P? and any prefered settings for it?coz im a nature photographer and i always go into the mtn mode or force my cam to go into as high f i can possibly can to ensure a long DOF but im sure taking pple wld be an entirely diff science altogether.

thks a mil! i wld be recceing this sunday when i go to the church to see the preparations and to find the best spots. since this is not the normal ROM at ROM(erm hmm) im helping my fnd who is on saver mode.... spent too much already and he thinks me doing the photos wld be better than P&S

then after seeing some of the beautiful shots here, i wonder how u guys can get the little bluish white tinge to the shots?can leak the secret>?

thks n regards

bring everything; there's not much weight penalty anyway. just bring the tele lens in case you go "aiyah! how i wish i brought it out..." what's TL mode by the way? you can use happily Av mode as long as you know what you're doing, but you may need to set the flash to FP Flash if the shutter speed required is faster than your X-sync speed, but i'm not sure what mode EOS88 supports.

bluish tinge to photos? where? :dunno:

eh, got ROM in CHC itself? sorry ah, last attended almost 2 years ago :p

all the best! :)

i think he means TV mode =)

just bring everything ..u nv know what ur goign to need..its a classic scenario where people nv bring long lens then regret when they r out of range.. :bsmilie:

outdoors/indoore wherever: its either one subject or a group of bunched together subjects..thats why i always recommend people to use Av mode and then watch that the shutetr speed dont dip too low. have fun =)

Plan to shoot a roll this sunday. Try AV mode. use f4.5 or f 5.6 (1 stop down from wide open ). Make sure the shutter speed is 1/60 and above (for handholding without blurring) IMHO,. skip the flash since it is outdoor. (especially you are borrowing "don't know" what flash.)

I would use fuji 400 film though. Sometime one stop do matters.

Snowcrash said:
Plan to shoot a roll this sunday. Try AV mode. use f4.5 or f 5.6 (1 stop down from wide open ). Make sure the shutter speed is 1/60 and above (for handholding without blurring) IMHO,. skip the flash since it is outdoor. (especially you are borrowing "don't know" what flash.)

I would use fuji 400 film though. Sometime one stop do matters.

will take that in mind... was quite overwhemled by the help n support given in such a short time! didnt know pple wld actually reply this anyway.. heh heh... got any special shot i shld take note of, i know the flower thingy with the rings is a must take... coz is a church ROM, i guess is a little diff from the traditional right?

Advise you to attend one of the rehearsals that the couple + reverend will be practising and learn the entire flow.

I would agree with Snowcrash on using 400 film for the shoot.

yup, at the minimum you need to know where to stand to get into position to capture the best pics!

I suggest u put those konica 200s away and get a couple rolls of professional film, probably Fuji NPH 400 from Cathay Photo....u get much better skin tone and the extra stop will be useful.

I think a flash unit would be useful... I'm from CHC and if the ROM is in one of the smaller halls, the lighting ain't that wonderful... The 400 film would also do you a lot of good.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.