Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
taken CNY 2005, @ 4pm ofcause, ha ha ha

church_of_the_naitivity_blessed_virgin_mary.jpg

denniskee said:
taken CNY 2005, @ 4pm ofcause, ha ha ha

church_of_the_naitivity_blessed_virgin_mary.jpg

Flat and Bland...Why don't you do a little dodge and burnt on your image? To increase the tonality altogether...:confused:

I would actually look nicer in colour. And the sky looks very clear and blue. Just my 2 cents

ha ha ha, not sure where to burn and where to dodge lay. still newbie in ps.:sweat:

denniskee said:
ha ha ha, not sure where to burn and where to dodge lay. still newbie in ps.:sweat:

U don't need to be an expert to learn dodge n burn...More importantly...you must be able see from the picture where u need to burn in the details, dodge out certain areas...

Please being new is no excuses to research on the techniques on dodge and burn using google. Good luck!

hey dennis, agree with the others about contrast and time of day.

next time we meet at BP, can show you a bit of dodge and burn. same as traditional darkroom lah :bsmilie:

actually, i think by simply adjusting the levels a bit, you're probably there :)

knoxknocks said:
hey dennis, agree with the others about contrast and time of day.

next time we meet at BP, can show you a bit of dodge and burn. same as traditional darkroom lah :bsmilie:

actually, i think by simply adjusting the levels a bit, you're probably there :)

???
you mean dodging and burning same as levels??

i blurr:confused:

denniskee said:
???
you mean dodging and burning same as levels??

i blurr:confused:

both can be used to achieve contrast adjustment - the two methods just offer different levels of control. Dodging highlights and burning shadows is to add contrast to different parts of a pic selectively. Adjusting levels can be used to balance/fix highlights, shadows and midtone values in a pic to add contrast - but unless you go through the effort of masking (or selecting areas that you want/don't want) - it does this to the entire image.

hope you're not confused even more ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.