Chronicles of Narnia

Status
Not open for further replies.

binbeto

Jan 18, 2002
Behind a lens
www.pbase.com
Just watched it last weekend..

A must-watch for all you fantasy fans.. :)

Spoiler Alert!!! Do not read on if you dun want to know the story/movie..

+evenstar said:
My friends bought the book for me for my birthday and I've only read 4 chapters till date...:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

i've read all 7 books years ago.... :)

will definitely be watching the movie.

this movie is a hit in US, not sure how will it fare in singapore.
Anyway if u guys interested in getting the books can pm me. I should be able to get it slightly cheaper(but no gurantee)

Read the books during my primary school years, fantastic books. , wonder if they will live up to the books. Those who have watched this movie or read the book and Lord of the Rings will note some similarities. If i remember correctly, the two authors were buddies and members of some kinda writers club some thing like our CS. ;)

In my feeling is telling me right, it will be a hit... :bigeyes:

But this story is just about 3 parts of the whole book series. Wonder will they produce a movie on the others?

perhaps. rumours say a trilogy. but the first book wasn't this. i think it was the magician's nephew.

definitely more than 3 books. The magician's nephew is the 2nd book written, it was written after "The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe", however it is meant to be the 1st in the series. There are all together 7 books in the Chronicles. The last being "The Last Battle" The ending is quite anti climatic............

C.S. Lewis once said that children always immediately could see the hidden story behind the chronicles of narnia, whereas adults took a much longer time to see it. :bsmilie:

That's why in his stories, adults are featured as not so so clever people.hahaha:bsmilie:

Golgotha said:
That's why in his stories, adults are featured as not so so clever people.hahaha:bsmilie:

one of my fav books in the chronicles was the "voyage of the dawn treader".... ;p

binbeto said:
In my feeling is telling me right, it will be a hit... :bigeyes:

But this story is just about 3 parts of the whole book series. Wonder will they produce a movie on the others?

what do u mean about 3 parts of the whole book series? u mean this movie comprises 3 books from the chronicles?

my fave is Prince Caspian...imagine being gone for a few hundred years and then coming back to find all that you have know has gone........

Readers of the Bible will see the parallel to Chronicles of Narnia. From the creation of Narnia(Genesis), Aslan (God and Christ) to the Last Battle (Revelations). CS Lewis is after a great writer of Christian literature and essay writer after he accepted Christ as his saviour. He is also a conteporary, colleague, good friend of J.R.R Tolkien, an eminent Catholic.

Golgotha said:
my fave is Prince Caspian...imagine being gone for a few hundred years and then coming back to find all that you have know has gone........

shhhh!!! no spoilers pls! :p

Oops.........well, provided would be readers can reach book 4...........hahahaha..........:bsmilie:

Watch it last weekend at JB's City Sq. Couldn't wait for the premier in Spore, has been my must-watch since young after LOTR. Wondering why Spore is showing it after Dec 22. It has been on the big screen in JB since Dec 8.

The CGIs for the show is really fantastic, talking animals, fauns and centaurs. It's less darker than LOTR, but still dont think it's for children below 12. (For CS's parents, pls dont bring young children for such movies)

No this movie is featured only the story from "The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe", the children were crowned kings and queens at the end, and stayed in Narnia for years before tumbling on the lampost again before finding themselves back in the wardrobe. Then the chronicles will continue with them going back to Narnia again and again.

we really need to have a SPOILER ALERT at the beginning of this thread!!!!!

:bsmilie:

binbeto said:
Just watched it last weekend..

A must-watch for all you fantasy fans.. :)

binbeto...can u edit ur 1st post and add "SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!" for those who haven't watched the movie yet? thx!

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.