Christmas Magical Moments Photographic competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poster did not say strictly "traditional film" so may we interpret it to include "digital film" ? :dunno:

If it is indeed a film only contest, why are the prizes digicams??? :blah:

They only say "Capture the Swarovski Christmas Tree on film..." and I think it doesnt mean it's only for film user.

i went past the tree last weekend. Honestly, it doesn't look very inspiring. Background is the drab plain building and foreground is traffic junction complete with lights and wires. The sponsor's name is smack in the middle of the tree-base. Yucks.

Maybe it looks better at night.

ST1100 said:
i went past the tree last weekend. Honestly, it doesn't look very inspiring. Background is the drab plain building and foreground is traffic junction complete with lights and wires. The sponsor's name is smack in the middle of the tree-base. Yucks.

Maybe it looks better at night.

Yes, it does lah but well.. :dunno: Not very inspiring but still, it's a challenge. ;)

Anyhow, how was yoru shoot @ Wheelock that day? Sorry couldn't stay to chat. :)

This topic has been discussed already.

Anyhow, I've asked at Raffles about it and confirmed digitial is ok. The submission is 8R prints, no negs or digital files required.

And yes, it doesn't look very exciting by day, but by night, that's another story. Also the challenge is to make it look good regardless!! ;)

Wolfgang said:
Yes, it does lah but well.. :dunno: Not very inspiring but still, it's a challenge. ;)

Anyhow, how was your shoot @ Wheelock that day? Sorry couldn't stay to chat. :)

1 keeper. Started out doing archi and lights, ended up shooting people. Thanx for asking. Will bring pic down for SEED one of these days.

Royce said:
This topic has been discussed already.

And yes, it doesn't look very exciting by day, but by night, that's another story. Also the challenge is to make it look good regardless!! ;)

i followed your link - yep, it does look (much) better by night. But IIRC, the competition requires one day shot and one night shot. Besides, how many variants can you shoot of that tree? Hire and put a supermodel in the foreground? Hmm...

i think i'd give that tree a shot one of these days. Challenging.

ST1100 said:
i followed your link - yep, it does look (much) better by night. But IIRC, the competition requires one day shot and one night shot. Besides, how many variants can you shoot of that tree? Hire and put a supermodel in the foreground? Hmm...

i think i'd give that tree a shot one of these days. Challenging.

I guess it will come down to composition and technicalities. Also the rules dont say anything about which camera can be used. So someone who shoots medium or large format may have an advantage over 35mm, especially printing it at 8R.

But the day time one is going to be a challenge... still thinking about that one. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.