Chow Yun Fatt uses a 645D ;)

fwah... even can miss another event cos he wants to play with his new toy :bsmilie:

that's the spirit man! :thumbsup:

Found this Review of 645D. Though the guy got a bad 645D, but he seem impressed .

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/pentax_645d___a_first_review.shtml

Conclusion....and what's to come

The 645D has changed the landscape of medium format digital. Pentax has given us the best handling MFSLR at the lowest price thus far. Image quality is excellent, and the high ISO is very usable. The Mamiya DF and Hasselblad H bodies have suddenly started to look very long in the tooth. All is not perfect, because Pentax really needs to release a full line of digitally-optimized lenses. The 55mm SDM is but a start, and a few question marks hover over the quality of their 'legacy' lenses.

All in all, however, Pentax has done a good job. The 645D is a photographer's camera. And that's the highest praise there is.

Pentax should ask Chow Yun Fatt to be their spokesman :) He is really cool, and a very interesting actor too, that's why he has been using Pentax 645 (and now 645D) :cool:

Of course he uses other brands too.

Very cool camera, only the price is 10x K5 :bsmilie:
But I guess only for pro to use :)

Not that expensive considering it only needs 3 lenses for a complete setup and lasts for years.
(No need to spend more money fueling LBA) :bsmilie:

Chow Yun Fatt is not a pro ;) only a "serious hobbyist"...

so no, 645D is not just for pros... but the thing is, as hobbyist, do you need that resolution? Mr Chow probably wants to print a wall-sized poster of his landscape picture so he needs the 645D :bsmilie:

so no, 645D is not just for pros... but the thing is, as hobbyist, do you need that resolution? Mr Chow probably wants to print a wall-sized poster of his landscape picture so he needs the 645D :bsmilie:

he has to. coz only 645D can get a picture of him flying from tree to tree mountain to mountain in every landscape.:bsmilie:

Actually he's been using Pentax 645 for many years, I think he's got all the 645 lenses he needs, to buy a 645D is a very logical thing to him :) Besides, money is definitely not a problem for him ...

Actually he's been using Pentax 645 for many years, I think he's got all the 645 lenses he needs, to buy a 645D is a very logical thing to him :) Besides, money is definitely not a problem for him ...

hmmm... you're definitely right about the money part :bsmilie:

I thought we agreed we don't need celebrities to market our cameras.
In this case, its not a matter of Chow Yun Fatt getting people to buy Pentax, but more that the camera is good enough to attract him to go against the majority and buy it. But of course, we all know he has great taste now. ;)

Trust me the resolution difference is there. There is a CEO if a big local company who shoots digital MF of his travels to exotic locations we'll probably never go in our lifetimes. He shows off his prints at many photo salons and they are stunning. If they have the money, what's the problem?

I thought we agreed we don't need celebrities to market our cameras.
In this case, its not a matter of Chow Yun Fatt getting people to buy Pentax, but more that the camera is good enough to attract him to go against the majority and buy it. But of course, we all know he has great taste now. ;)

If I am photographed carrying the 645D, people will recognise the camera and not me.
But when Chow Yuen Fatt is seen using the 645D, people recognise him and the camera.
Now if I'm shot with my nosehairs showing, I might get my 1 minute of worldwide of fame as a nano-celebrity. That's the difference! And it's not a hairline difference... :bsmilie:

Trust me the resolution difference is there. There is a CEO if a big local company who shoots digital MF of his travels to exotic locations we'll probably never go in our lifetimes. He shows off his prints at many photo salons and they are stunning. If they have the money, what's the problem?

they have no problem because they have the money and i don't judge pple for how they spend their hard earned money.

but i'll just admire the higher res from afar :lovegrin:

See the link...

http://hk.applevideo.nextmedia.com/admedia/20101113/13112010_Vent_01_Video.3gp

Seems like a regular kinda guy but I doubt he'll get much time shooting with that kind of face recognition. OK we all invite him over for our regular Pentax monthly outing next time... :bsmilie:

oh yes he is a regular guy alright when it comes to photographing.

went for a mountain top sun rise shoot.
slept with all others during the trip in the dorm,
didn't engage help to carry gear even.

love his BW work,
especially the vegetables bought by his Mrs.

BC

oh yes he is a regular guy alright when it comes to photographing.

went for a mountain top sun rise shoot.
slept with all others during the trip in the dorm,
didn't engage help to carry gear even.

love his BW work,
especially the vegetables bought by his Mrs.

BC

I probably will do the same thing too if i'm as famous as him :bsmilie:

I probably will do the same thing too if i'm as famous as him :bsmilie:

:) one thing i've noticed abt pple who are "there"... they're usually very, very nice because they have no need to impress anyone and they don't see a need to raise their voice when they need anything done.

they also value their privacy so they wouldn't want a whole irritating entourage to follow them and carry their... ahem... stuff ;)

:) one thing i've noticed abt pple who are "there"... they're usually very, very nice because they have no need to impress anyone and they don't see a need to raise their voice when they need anything done.

they also value their privacy so they wouldn't want a whole irritating entourage to follow them and carry their... ahem... stuff ;)

Hmm, i wonder why they don't need to impress anyone and don't need to raise their voice when they need anything :think:
I also very nice leh....

Last edited: