Chophard watch dial drop off after wearing a few times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birmingham

Nov 2, 2009
Bought my HAPPY SPORT DIAMOND Chophard watch in July at TAKA CHOPHARD BOUTIQUE. After using for a month, one of the dial (alpha numaric) drop off. The watch cost me $11,200. Went back and ask for a refund as i've lost trust in the brand. They did offer for a change or repair. But I just felt so unhappy after a 10k watch can just drop a dial after a few times or wearing. The regional manager was so anger and scream at me in the shop, saying she have offered me a change. I told her that I'll go to CASE if she don't refund me. She say to me face:" PLease send me to CASE, as i've not attended one before."
The are still holding my warrenty card saying will send back to me as they dono where they've placed, till now, I've not receive anything from them.
I Bought the watch at the boutique thinking that I might have better service paying more there rather than hour glass or cortina.
Is this kind of service I deserve paying for such an expensive watch?
Can anyone advise what should i do.

after you buy sthg how to have refund? if everybody that do business like that then close down soon,every time clients come back for refund. i know ppl who bought Sinn watches and both spoilt shortly after. but is it AD's fault? no right.

CASE will most likely not help u much because shop keeper already offer replacement. even THG also will not give refund. and between diff THG,rates also varies in case you think they are damn good. one shop offer me no discount and quote me 14k for a rolex,and other quote me 12k+++ so what to do? and i took the 12k one.

i thought the botique in taka is owned by cortina also? O_O"

anyway just contact the chopard principle and let them handle it the issue.

i thought the botique in taka is owned by cortina also? O_O"

anyway just contact the chopard principle and let them handle it the issue.

I've send an email to MD of CHophard, they nv reply.

Gee that sucks.

The only time I have seen a dial came off in my entire lifetime was my wife's $10 china watch.

I would feel like a fool if my 11K watch came apart like this.

The MD probably went playing golf or touring the world now, cannot answer your email ...

Bought my HAPPY SPORT DIAMOND Chophard watch in July at TAKA CHOPHARD BOUTIQUE. After using for a month, one of the dial (alpha numaric) drop off. The watch cost me $11,200. Went back and ask for a refund as i've lost trust in the brand. They did offer for a change or repair. But I just felt so unhappy after a 10k watch can just drop a dial after a few times or wearing. The regional manager was so anger and scream at me in the shop, saying she have offered me a change. I told her that I'll go to CASE if she don't refund me. She say to me face:" PLease send me to CASE, as i've not attended one before."
The are still holding my warrenty card saying will send back to me as they dono where they've placed, till now, I've not receive anything from them.
I Bought the watch at the boutique thinking that I might have better service paying more there rather than hour glass or cortina.
Is this kind of service I deserve paying for such an expensive watch?
Can anyone advise what should i do.

Suppose I register a business named Orchard (Expensive Brand) Boutique, then open a shop in a glitzy shopping centre and name the shop the same way. It got no relation to the real (Expensive Brand) company. You come and buy $$$ watch from me. Hmm...... ...
Something looks terminated....(edited)

Last edited:
Gee that sucks.

The only time I have seen a dial came off in my entire lifetime was my wife's $10 china watch.

The MD probably went playing golf or touring the world now, cannot answer your email ...

That was what I felt. Thats y I wanted a refund. Was thinking even a PaSaMa Lam watch will not happen things like tt. When I see it now, I felt like seeing a fake watch.

Gee that sucks.

i know it is bad. but the shop guy offer to repair or change right?

11k watch is not the most exp thing ard if you talk to hard core collectors but i'm not saying this watch is cheap. some pieces do have defect and we are unlucky when we get one of them.that's why there is such a thing as warranty.

next time don't buy chopard. buy rolex,Pam, Patek, frank muller loh:thumbsup:....these are more collectible...

Hi,

Which web site you used to check the status of the companies as per your post? I also want to check up on one company. Thanks

Suppose I register a business named Orchard Rolex Boutique, then open a shop in a glitzy shopping centre and name the shop the same way. It got no relation to the real Rolex company. You come and buy $$$ watch from me. Hmm...... ...
Something looks terminated....Oh......see....

chopard.jpg

Suppose I register a business named Orchard Rolex Boutique, then open a shop in a glitzy shopping centre and name the shop the same way. It got no relation to the real Rolex company. You come and buy $$$ watch from me. Hmm...... ...
Something looks terminated....Oh......see....

chopard.jpg

rolex will not let this happen....and you could pop over to sg-roc.com to see some of these hard core rolex fans....they won't fall for these tricks.

Ya, if I were them I will also protect and defend the brand name, if others spell it out exactly in full.
But maybe McDonald went a bit off key suing McCurry in Malaysia, just based on the use of letters Mc.

By the way, TS titled the thread "Chophard watch....."
So maybe he bought another brand after all, if it is not a typo. Maybe he got what he wanted - chop hard.

It seems the real thing is named Chopard.

Anyway, if the shop offered a replacement, then they are being reasonable.
The manufacturing defect made back in Switzerland is not their fault.
Hard to ask for refund if another item of the same watch/model is offered in replacement.

Last edited:
how come never take photo / video of her screaming @ u?
lol...anyway bring to case also no use. u will lose cos they already offer a change/repair. No shop will offer refund. How to do business like that.

i know it is bad. but the shop guy offer to repair or change right?

11k watch is not the most exp thing ard if you talk to hard core collectors but i'm not saying this watch is cheap. some pieces do have defect and we are unlucky when we get one of them.that's why there is such a thing as warranty.

next time don't buy chopard. buy rolex,Pam, Patek, frank muller loh:thumbsup:....these are more collectible...

Had a rolex already. Just wanted a change for a sport watch, So chose the Happy Sports version as its the latest model at Chopard at that time.

If you don't like Chopard after this, try to exchange for another (better) brand like Panerai, Patek, etc.......

HS

yeah just accept the replacement la....11k can buy a nice sporty Pam.

$11K can buy a Rolex Yachtmaster. Add another $4k and you will be able to get the coveted SS Daytona white or black dial. The cult discontinued series sea dweller can be had at around $8.7k. Most other Rolex sports series are priced below $8K. Brands like Rolex holds its value or even increase in value through the years. TS really kenna chopped hard. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.