Chope seat using tissue has upgraded!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 pack of tissue for 1 seat, this one chop the whole row of seats.:bsmilie::bsmilie:

This looks like a 'super' auntie style.:bsmilie:

Should ask students what they will use to 'chop' their seats. Any creative ideas?

I don't understand why people relent to people using tissue packets to reserve seats. For me, I will just take the seat, open up the packet, and take out a piece and blow my nose with it.

And when they get back, I'd just say "Sorry, I think you've mistaken. This is my packet of tissue paper."

This looks like a 'super' auntie style.:bsmilie:

Should ask students what they will use to 'chop' their seats. Any creative ideas?

super kiasu :bsmilie::bsmilie: seens students use bag/books...also seen ppl using umbrella and handkerchief :dunno:

Personally i don't see anything wrong with using tissue to make sure you have a seat. I do find those ppl who fiddle with other's stuffs rather rude.

I meant those ppl had worked in such areas whereby it's a norm to do so, why would u go and fiddle with people's tissue holder. when that happened to me, I just walked up to them and said, that thing is mine, and because they had fiddled with it, I decide to throw it away, which i did in front of them.

I don't understand why people relent to people using tissue packets to reserve seats. For me, I will just take the seat, open up the packet, and take out a piece and blow my nose with it.

And when they get back, I'd just say "Sorry, I think you've mistaken. This is my packet of tissue paper."

99% of people would not have the b--ls to do that, including myself:think:

its easy to say, to do and regrate it later is another thing.

what is right is when majority agrees it is right. and when you go to marina square, suntec food court, guess what, majority uses tissue paper. those you find say no during tv interview, pardon me for saying so, are pretending to be HIV.

Last edited:

99% of people would not have the b--ls to do that, including myself:think:

I am the 99%, I scared of being scolded by office ladies, especially the chio ones. :embrass:

its easy to say, to do and regrate it later is another thing.

what is right is when majority agrees it is right. and when you go to marina square, suntec food court, guess what, majority uses tissue paper. those you find say no during tv interview, pardon me for saying so, are pretending to be HIV.

Well, I do it all the time.

All you need to do is be really obvious that you're not going to budge, while at the same time be extra courteous about it.

Same deal with people who don't keep to the right on the escalators, or people who don't want to move to the back of the bus. We all just diam-diam and wait patiently when people cut our queue or block our way.

The real cause of all these anti-social acts is the inaction of people who don't condone it. S'poreans are too kiasi, scared people scold, scared people stare. So even though people do things to piss us off, all we do is keep quiet, and then bitch about it online (or complain to gahmen).

My colleagues and I chope seat by using a colleague.... We plant the tissue paper there along with the owner. haha..... ;p

I have ever seen arguments over tissue on a table before. I think it's more civil to have one person wait at the table to "reserve" it while the rest gets the food. Take turns doing this lor.

Using tissue (or umbrellas) while seemingly a common practice is just a less gracious way of saying that you'd like to have that seats. I guess most will understand but do not have to like it. I only pity those lone eaters who do not have other colleagues to eat with and therefore have no way of getting seats....... Students do this with their bags I guess. So we do start young.....

Haha.... Well, that's the state the society is in unfortunately.

Personally i don't see anything wrong with using tissue to make sure you have a seat. I do find those ppl who fiddle with other's stuffs rather rude.

I meant those ppl had worked in such areas whereby it's a norm to do so, why would u go and fiddle with people's tissue holder. when that happened to me, I just walked up to them and said, that thing is mine, and because they had fiddled with it, I decide to throw it away, which i did in front of them.

Finders keepers. If you leave your tissue packet there, I can very well assume it's nobody's and claim it's mine. And if I do, how can you prove otherwise?

Because people are generally self-centered. Of course if you think from the perspective of yourself all the time, it is expected that you'd say "personally I don't see anything wrong with it".

People who litter, pee in lifts, park in handicapped lots and so on will also say "personally, I don't see anything wrong with it".

If only this were like Korea, where anything you leave behind would find itself either on the floor, or in the bin.

Students do this with their bags I guess. So we do start young.....

I'm secretly hoping that one day, a bomb gets discovered in a crowded fast-food restaurant/food court...and it was hidden in an unattended bag.

Think about it: Terrorists aren't going to try heavily secured places like the airports. Soft targets like food courts would make great targets, especially when everyone's so used to seeing bags left behind all the time.

since I am on my summer sojourn, I am tempted to do this.

1. pay the tissue paper aunty (those who go round hawker centres to sell them at 3 packs for a pop) about $30 or something.
  2. go to a hawker centre at about 11am, just before the afternoon rush.
  3. proceed putting a pack of tissue on each seat and each table
  4. see what happens next
  5. maybe take some pictures

Usually with my peers and colleagues.. someone will stay behind to reserve the seats. We dont leave the tissue packs and run away.

if you do throw it away infront of us, we'd probably burst out laughing..

I refuse to be represented by a pack of tissues.

Status
Not open for further replies.