Chope seat using tissue has upgraded!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finders keepers. If you leave your tissue packet there, I can very well assume it's nobody's and claim it's mine. And if I do, how can you prove otherwise?

Because people are generally self-centered. Of course if you think from the perspective of yourself all the time, it is expected that you'd say "personally I don't see anything wrong with it".

People who litter, pee in lifts, park in handicapped lots and so on will also say "personally, I don't see anything wrong with it".

If only this were like Korea, where anything you leave behind would find itself either on the floor, or in the bin.

I left it there to tell someone that I want this seat. And it is the norm accepted by the majority. I can prove it's mine, cause I had it made for me and had my name sewn on it. And even if it's a normal pack of tissue, it doesn't belong to you, and u taking it is considered as stealing. You would not take a 50 dollar note on the table and spent it, just because someone left it there.

I don't think that it is self centred, just because it IS an accepted norm to do so in certain areas. I would not do that if I am in my neighbourhood kopitiam cause I know it is not done that way there.

I don't think it is an accepted norm to "People who litter, pee in lifts, park in handicapped lots and so on "

and lastly, I don't live in Korea, neither would i try to use a pack of tissue to reserve a seat there, without at least finding out if it is acceptable there.

since I am on my summer sojourn, I am tempted to do this.

1. pay the tissue paper aunty (those who go round hawker centres to sell them at 3 packs for a pop) about $30 or something.
  2. go to a hawker centre at about 11am, just before the afternoon rush.
  3. proceed putting a pack of tissue on each seat and each table
  4. see what happens next
  5. maybe take some pictures

Hahahaa !!! That will be some confusion man !

I'd like to suggest that you try that on the MRT as well ? Hee...... during the peak hour but gotta start at the first station !

Usually with my peers and colleagues.. someone will stay behind to reserve the seats. We dont leave the tissue packs and run away.

if you do throw it away infront of us, we'd probably burst out laughing..

I refuse to be represented by a pack of tissues.

Some of us DO EAT ALONE.

the thing is you can don't do that, but at least respect someone's need for doing so.

Today I saw something else. Chop seat use Ang Pow packets (empty ones of course) at causeway point food court.

Well, I do it all the time.

All you need to do is be really obvious that you're not going to budge, while at the same time be extra courteous about it.

Same deal with people who don't keep to the right on the escalators, or people who don't want to move to the back of the bus. We all just diam-diam and wait patiently when people cut our queue or block our way.

The real cause of all these anti-social acts is the inaction of people who don't condone it. S'poreans are too kiasi, scared people scold, scared people stare. So even though people do things to piss us off, all we do is keep quiet, and then bitch about it online (or complain to gahmen).

thats because you have not meet those who will give you a "jolly good time". pray hard you dont get that, pray harder if you get that, you are alone and not with your love ones.

i came across this twist,

1) 1st time they gave me a "jolly good time", but i let police handle, nothing happen (went for hospital check up + sub-court).

2) than 2nd time similar thing happened, so i had a "jolly good time party" with that groups since police dont do nothing.

edit : so my question to you is, are you up for the game? is it worth your while to stand up for whats right? also, if you ever en-counter 1 such case personally, will you still do the right thing (minority's view in this case) in the future? will you be man enough to do it with your love ones with you? can you protect them? yes, you can make police report, yes, police may be able to arrest the people, but harm to you and your love ones already happen, does that makes you feel better?

edit : they are different groups.

Last edited:
Some of us DO EAT ALONE.

the thing is you can don't do that, but at least respect someone's need for doing so.

I do eat alone too.. buy the food first , then get the seat. Single seats are easier to get.. cos you would end up sharing table with someone else anyway..

I do eat alone too.. buy the food first , then get the seat. Single seats are easier to get.. cos you would end up sharing table with someone else anyway..

I rather have a seat frist before getting my food. If I am not able to get a seat, I can get a sandwich or something easier to eat while going back to the office.

Some of us DO EAT ALONE.

I eat alone a lot of the times.

what I do is. I just go up to somebody to ask if I could join them in that table. I reckon that's a lot more socially responsible, and not to mention allows me to make new friends if the other person happens to be very talkative/receptive towards my presence. win win.

I eat alone a lot of the times.

what I do is. I just go up to somebody to ask if I could join them in that table. I reckon that's a lot more socially responsible, and not to mention allows me to make new friends if the other person happens to be very talkative/receptive towards my presence. win win.

It's okay if you want to do it this way. I prefer to ensure that I have a seat, even if I have to ask someone who is already there if I can share, or if there is no one there, to put my tissue pack there. I meant there isn't anything wrong with that, considering it's an accepted practice in some areas of Singapore.

When the object or issue is small = problem is small but when the object look big it become a big problem.

Food for thought:
Everyone is paying for the food they eat in the foodcourt so should everyone have a equal right to have the seat (as in 1st come 1st serve). Will ppl starts to put tissue paper (or chair) in a Q when buying food in future. Same as chope seat with tissue paper bah?

I am ok with one friend seating to chope the whole table but not an object to chope the whole table. Some worst...in school a paper paste on a table saying:" Reserved for XXXX Student Talk".

I cannot imagine ppl start to put tissue paper :)bsmilie: joking must be something bigger) in HDB carpark to reserve lots in to prevent parking to higher level. In this case will be a big problem as the object looks bigger.

I accounted a young lady chope HDB carpark physically when I going to park my car (I did park my monthly season parking faithful). She really make my day.

When the object or issue is small = problem is small but when the object look big it become a big problem.

Food for thought:
Everyone is paying for the food they eat in the foodcourt so should everyone have a equal right to have the seat (as in 1st come 1st serve). Will ppl starts to put tissue paper (or chair) in a Q when buying food in future. Same as chope seat with tissue paper bah?

I am ok with one friend seating to chope the whole table but not an object to chope the whole table. Some worst...in school a paper paste on a table saying:" Reserved for XXXX Student Talk".

I cannot imagine ppl start to put tissue paper :)bsmilie: joking must be something bigger) in HDB carpark to reserve lots in to prevent parking to higher level. In this case will be a big problem as the object looks bigger.

I accounted a young lady chope HDB carpark physically when I going to park my car (I did park my monthly season parking faithful). She really make my day.

In my previous house, due to lack of parking lot outside the house, our neighbours put chairs and pails to chope parking lots. LOL.

why dont see the real thing? why believe in result taken from internet where people dont have to responsible of what they say in a poll?

go down to marina square and suntec etc food court during lunch time any weekdays, see for yourself. as the saying goes, seeing is believing.

may i remind you those place are where office workers are, ie more educated than normal production workers and where tv interviews (on this issue) took place.

Last edited:
72% disagree, how many % have balls to remove the tissue papers and sit down? :bsmilie:

Because this is singapore. You can put your handphone, bag etc to chope so all you want and everything will still be intact when you come back.

Why not this group of ppl try to do the same time in our neighbour country and see how. Anyone here tried and like to share???

must be a joke lah. this place looks so familiar. the table looks like the one at peninsular shopping center. hahaha

why dont see the real thing? why believe in result taken from internet where people dont have to responsible of what they say in a poll?

go down to marina square and suntec etc food court during lunch time any weekdays, see for yourself. as the saying goes, seeing is believing.

may i remind you those place are where office workers are, ie more educated than normal production workers and where tv interviews (on this issue) took place.

Those who disagreed also 'agreed.
Sound confused. When you are the victim you disagreed but when it favours you...have to chope the seat.

I rather have a seat frist before getting my food. If I am not able to get a seat, I can get a sandwich or something easier to eat while going back to the office.

same here, dun 1 2 be caught without a seat but a tray of food. cant imagine staring at the food but no more hands to eat, withn both hands holding the tray. :rolleyes:

when its crowded, sometimes 1 seat oso dun have. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.