Choosing of PDA phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple of friends using the HTC Touch (not Diamond) and they are very with it. The Diamond being a grade higher should be able to serve you well.

Depends what your needs are. The iPhone is NOT a good PDA phone. It's basically just a touchscreen phone.

HTC DIAMOND FTW.
My friend used omnia and complained lag.

HTC OMNIA FTW

My friend used diamond and complained lag

We had a somewhat similar discussion not too long back...you might be interest to read up on it for some details. BTW...if you can wait. there will be a few more smart phone players coming out soon in the months to come if you can wait....eg. HTC Touch Pro, Sony's X1 and even Toshiba has one that is pretty impressive. Can't remember that model right now and too lazy to google for now heheh.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=400933

If you reall way a smart phone for work window mobile is goods for that. iPhone has something that you can use call Mobile ME..which of late has alot of people cursing and even Steven Job abmit that is one hell of a buggy s/w. If you google you should find out more info about it.

http://www.alleyinsider.com/2008/8/steve-jobs-mobileme-syncing-service-not-up-to-apples-standards

Again...read everything with a pinch of salt as there are fan boys on both side of the OS fence. Pick the one that meets your needs not your vanity. Now if vanity is all you care about...hands down...join the Apple fan boy and fashion victims and get an iPhone. There is none better if you want beauty over substance, practical application and power.

Last edited:
Hi Guys, which PDA phone is better among the Apple IPhone, HTC Diamond & Samsung Omnia?

I have the HTC Touch Diamond and I am very satisfied with it..the initial lagness is not there anymore after the ROM upgrade...TouchFLO 3D feels faster now...I chose the Diamond based on its classy looks and after using it for 2 months now, I never regretted my decision...

for more information about users experiences in these 2 phones (HTC Touch Diamond/Samsung Omnia) you can check out PPCSG

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple of friends using the HTC Touch (not Diamond) and they are very with it. The Diamond being a grade higher should be able to serve you well.

i thought HTC got most complaint??

it is all over the internet................

read here :

http://www.htcclassaction.org/

Last edited:
I myself is thinking of a pda phone. Kind of narrowed down to:

HP 612C or Asus P750.

I heard that the main grip with HP is the soft ringtone. I m really not sure what that means as it is relative i suppose.

So any users of the above phone do please comment.

Cheers

what do you want to do with a PDA phone?

to me it is an extension of my computer, so syncing with my current software is very important
i do not want to change the way i do things, just for a phone

i thought HTC got most complaint??

it is all over the internet................

read here :

http://www.htcclassaction.org/

Well, every product will have people complaining. It's just whether you can accept the shortcoming of the product and if the product can satisfy your needs.

I have friends who swear by the giants in the mobile phone industry but I have simply given up on them years ago. So if the product still serves the needs of the users, there will still be a market for it.

It will be my mini organizer or portable mini computer. Its the first time choosing PDA phone so had to read up more and hear some feedback.

if u r using an old pda phone...like say O2 Atom Life or others....someplace up north there are experts modding the phones...my friend got his upgraded with wireless chip/GPS modules and software uploaded with latest versions etc....for i think $80

if u r using an old pda phone...like say O2 Atom Life or others....someplace up north there are experts modding the phones...my friend got his upgraded with wireless chip/GPS modules and software uploaded with latest versions etc....for i think $80

Is your friend able to tell you where he get his PDA modded? AFAIK, you can hardly find any of this in Singapore but I do know Hong Kong have some of such shops. One of my friend when to Hong Kong to uprade the RAM of his O2 mini to 128MB.

he can tell me..but I must pass my old O2 Mini to him for modding..lol...its done up North and takes one week...only one phone nia so cannot atm

It will be my mini organizer or portable mini computer. Its the first time choosing PDA phone so had to read up more and hear some feedback.

I'm using Athena and Touch-duo.

can say that both feels good initially, but as I use it more often, both feels laggy since reflexes are much faster once familiarised.

i will choose E71! Simpler.. no need fancy GUI for me. As simple as possible like good old PALM OS days.!

Status
Not open for further replies.