Choosing my first DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessaye

Aug 24, 2009
Singapore
www.jess-aye.blogspot.com
Hello there everyone, I know this is a VFAQ but I've read many threads and googled but I still can't make a decision about getting my first DSLR :/

Well, my budget is about $1200 or slightly more, and I'm looking for a Nikon DSLR hopefully between the really professional ones and the entry levels. I'm planning to use the DSLR mostly for shooting people outdoors, but a versatile DSLR would be good as well if I could get one within my budget which I doubt so.

Also, I don't really understand a lot about lenses. Are they a must to buy, and what are the basic prices for lenses that would fit my requirement?

Thanks a lot in advance! Sorry if I'm asking too much because I really don't know that much, but I'm extremely eager in getting a DSLR. :lovegrin:

Thanks, that helped a lot! :D

I'm planning to save a little more and go for a photography course before deciding on a D40 kit or D90 kit, but I'll most likely get D90 even though it's quite impulsive. What about dry cabinets? I heard used ones are roughly $100 but pretty hard to find. Roughly how much does a new dry cabinet cost?

I'm planning to save a little more and go for a photography course before deciding on a D40 kit or D90 kit, but I'll most likely get D90 even though it's quite impulsive. What about dry cabinets? I heard used ones are roughly $100 but pretty hard to find. Roughly how much does a new dry cabinet cost?

You can check Marketplace for Price Guides and Personal Classifieds for 2nd hand offerings.

".....my budget is about $1200 or slightly more, and I'm looking for a Nikon DSLR hopefully between the really professional ones and the entry levels...."

2ND hand market for both body and lens...... prices for stuff that are 2 generations back are VERY affordable and still very tech loaded

Status
Not open for further replies.