Choosing Gitzo and Manfrotto Tripod Head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henessy

Feb 1, 2006
Bishan
www.henessyphoto.blogspot.com
Hi, I need some help in buying a good tripod head. I am looking for some value for money tripod head from either Gitzo or Manfrotto. Pls suggest model and price.

Thanks

Hi, I need some help in buying a good tripod head. I am looking for some value for money tripod head from either Gitzo or Manfrotto. Pls suggest model and price.

Thanks

it will be better if u let us know ur budget and usage.

You got to be kidding! You need to give some specs - e.g. whether for a P & S camera (less than 1 kg) or for a medium format camera with very long lens (more than 8 kg) so that you can get some meaningful advice! Tripod heads are manufactured for different requirements and unless we know what these are, how can anyone advise you?

I am apologised for not specifying my requirements. Pls forgive me.

I am looking for some tripod head that can provide support for at least 5 kg to about 8 kg at most.

I am using DSLR.

Thanks, I hope that you help a lot.:)

5 - 8kg, that is a heavy setup, think you should go for Gitzo or Markin ball head.

Your description is too general. There are many type of tripod heads available, each for different application. Do you need fast movement? Do you need precise adjustments? Do you need the head to assist you in alignment works?

Don't think you can get a Gitzo head for $150, even a used one.

Actually you looking for a ball head having a maximum load of 5-8kg or your setup is 5-8kg. That a great differenece.

$150 can only get a basic ball head from Manfrotto. A decent ball head $400 and above. A good one from Markin is around $800.

TK Foto selling Manfrotto 488RC2 at about $140...should be sufficient for TS needs...Look for James...

Status
Not open for further replies.