choosing flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,

I am planning to get a flash unit for my minolta slr but is quite blur as to which ones are suitable.

How do I know which flash units will be compatible with my camera?

thanks!

P/S: Pardon me if this has been asked before.

Hieee....

There are many flash out there....dedicated ones form 3rd Party and original from Minolta.....

Third party ones are good enough for basic needs. The cost around $60 to $100 for a dedicated flash(with manual zoom and tilt head)

Next level on the third party flashes are those with wireless compatibility. The price range may be additional $100 to $200 .

Up on the top would be the original flash systems from Minolta......now with the D (distance integration) flashes like the 3600HS(D) - about @240 and the 5600HS(D)- about $550

Any "dedicated flash" - a simple one will do if you want to start of....

Check and ensure that it specifically says - allows TTL-(Through The Lens) Metering.

I persinally use a 3rd Party Flash when i started off and not until i really need to expand and try out newer techniques that i got the Minolta flash.

One Great festure of the Minolta Flash system is that it allows WIRELESS.....a feature that you would like to check out. Its a great feature which functions a little like the slave flash.

Well....

DO let me know if you want to look at example of these flashes on any of the SEED session and i can show you what these flashes can do.

PLEASE JUMP TO THE FOLLOWING THREAD....
All discussions on Minolta Flash

Regards,
Sulhan

hey sulhan,

thanks for your quick response...

I am particularly interested in identifying if a particular flash unit can be used with my camera (505Si). Any thing to look out for in particular? my friend has a flash (quite an old one) and it is still working... I would like to see if it can be used, so, how to tell?

Can I just fix it on and try or will it screw up my camera if it is not suitable?

Thanks!

Hiee...

Take a photo with the flash....you can even try without film to see in the bottom part / or left side of the viewfinder if the green "flash indicater" blinks for three blinks i think....

Test in Program mode for a start....

This indicates proper esposure....with the flash.

Regards,
Sulhan

personally i think if you can afford the flash, get the minolta ones...

better guide no. and works better with your cam...

Status
Not open for further replies.