choosing flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,

I am planning to get a flash unit for my minolta slr but is quite blur as to which ones are suitable.

How do I know which flash units will be compatible with my camera?

thanks!

P/S: Pardon me if this has been asked before.

sulhan

Staff member
May 11, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.md-sulhan.com
Hieee....

There are many flash out there....dedicated ones form 3rd Party and original from Minolta.....

Third party ones are good enough for basic needs. The cost around $60 to $100 for a dedicated flash(with manual zoom and tilt head)

Next level on the third party flashes are those with wireless compatibility. The price range may be additional $100 to $200 .

Up on the top would be the original flash systems from Minolta......now with the D (distance integration) flashes like the 3600HS(D) - about @240 and the 5600HS(D)- about $550

Any "dedicated flash" - a simple one will do if you want to start of....

Check and ensure that it specifically says - allows TTL-(Through The Lens) Metering.

I persinally use a 3rd Party Flash when i started off and not until i really need to expand and try out newer techniques that i got the Minolta flash.

One Great festure of the Minolta Flash system is that it allows WIRELESS.....a feature that you would like to check out. Its a great feature which functions a little like the slave flash.

Well....

DO let me know if you want to look at example of these flashes on any of the SEED session and i can show you what these flashes can do.

PLEASE JUMP TO THE FOLLOWING THREAD....
All discussions on Minolta Flash

Regards,
Sulhan

hey sulhan,

thanks for your quick response...

I am particularly interested in identifying if a particular flash unit can be used with my camera (505Si). Any thing to look out for in particular? my friend has a flash (quite an old one) and it is still working... I would like to see if it can be used, so, how to tell?

Can I just fix it on and try or will it screw up my camera if it is not suitable?

Thanks!

sulhan

Staff member
May 11, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.md-sulhan.com
Hiee...

Take a photo with the flash....you can even try without film to see in the bottom part / or left side of the viewfinder if the green "flash indicater" blinks for three blinks i think....

Test in Program mode for a start....

This indicates proper esposure....with the flash.

Regards,
Sulhan

chyeo

May 6, 2002
Woodlands
personally i think if you can afford the flash, get the minolta ones...

better guide no. and works better with your cam...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom