Choosing Dry cabinet still got so many types and brand. Need help!!

Telsoon

Aug 20, 2011
Singapore...............
Personally i bought my dslr around 1 year ago. And i didn't know there is such a need for a Dry cabi or box. I dont quite like Dry box because too mafun already.
Okay, i was looking at a Dry cabi that can store 1-2 body, 3-4 lenses. Any brand or size to recommend?? My budget for this is below 300 if possible, if not will top up a bit more.

just upgrade from 25l to a Hercules 68L under the cost of $300 - it full digital - so far not bad for this brand. From what u need is the 68L which i have now

Last edited:
no choice in our environment

anyway have a look above.... there is a Sticky thread regarding dryboxes ..... should be helpful

Personally i bought my dslr around 1 year ago. And i didn't know there is such a need for a Dry cabi or box. I dont quite like Dry box because too mafun already.
Okay, i was looking at a Dry cabi that can store 1-2 body, 3-4 lenses. Any brand or size to recommend?? My budget for this is below 300 if possible, if not will top up a bit more.

Digi-Cabi is a safe choice. Price good too. I bought the 60L one from Carrefour (don't know if they still have) due to the promotion with POSB c/card. MUCH less than $300. Even though it's not fully digital, I haven't had to keep monitoring it once I found the optimum setting.
1-2 body and 3-4 standard lenses (around 18-200 kind of size) should be able to fit in the 36L one.
If you have enough space in your home for a bigger cabinet, the 60L is a good choice. You get free delivery.

just upgrade from 25l to a Hercules 68L under the cost of $300 - it full digital - so far not bad for this brand. From what u need is the 68L which i have now
Is that brand good?? Atucally now i only got 1 lens 1 body 1 flash. Buy bigger one in-case next time want buy more lens.
no choice in our environment

anyway have a look above.... there is a Sticky thread regarding dryboxes ..... should be helpful
Yup, i read already. And from what i read they recommend Digi Cabi and Aipo. Thanks after all.
Digi-Cabi is a safe choice. Price good too. I bought the 60L one from Carrefour (don't know if they still have) due to the promotion with POSB c/card. MUCH less than $300. Even though it's not fully digital, I haven't had to keep monitoring it once I found the optimum setting.
1-2 body and 3-4 standard lenses (around 18-200 kind of size) should be able to fit in the 36L one.
If you have enough space in your home for a bigger cabinet, the 60L is a good choice. You get free delivery.
By the way, is the dimension different very big??? And i am quite confuse about digi cabi brand because there is 2 difference type of dry cabinet.

Any shop to recommend for buying dry cabinet?

Is that brand good?? Atucally now i only got 1 lens 1 body 1 flash. Buy bigger one in-case next time want buy more lens.

Yup, i read already. And from what i read they recommend Digi Cabi and Aipo. Thanks after all.

By the way, is the dimension different very big??? And i am quite confuse about digi cabi brand because there is 2 difference type of dry cabinet.

Any shop to recommend for buying dry cabinet?

red dot photo have them =)

I bought a digi cabi DB36 one month ago, enough to put 2 body, 3 lens. Best place to buy is Parisilk at Holland village, at $118. Only problem is it take 2-3days to tune your setting to 45-55 humidity level. After that everything will be ok. Let me know if u need the address or contact.

Having just bought one. Here're my thoughts, no I didn't get all of them right.

As far as the drier, they use the same design. I don't think one brand is better than the next, they're all at so so standard.

An analog gauge is easier to read, you can take a glance at it n know it's working. A digital display is not visible until close, if you got it on the floor, you'll have to squat to see. Avoid battery operated humidity gauges, the first battery pack is likely to leak on you unless you check it very regularly, why be slaved.

For following are for digicabi,

The shelf position at the middle will interfere with the lock. The door will not close. Tried on the 60 n 100 liter units, I think its the case for all their models.

The shelf lining sheet is too thin.

The shelf surfaces are not flat. You can't stand your lenses.

red dot photo have them =)
Red dot photo?? where is it??
Thanks a lot, the thread give a lot of information but im kinda confuse of which brand to look for. I seems to love Aipo that brand. Is toyo living good??
I bought a digi cabi DB36 one month ago, enough to put 2 body, 3 lens. Best place to buy is Parisilk at Holland village, at $118. Only problem is it take 2-3days to tune your setting to 45-55 humidity level. After that everything will be ok. Let me know if u need the address or contact.
Wa, Holland village ar?? So far , but now got Circle line to there. Is the place cheaper than others??
Akarui Digi @ Cathay
Thanks, i will visit them 1 day to see.
Having just bought one. Here're my thoughts, no I didn't get all of them right.

As far as the drier, they use the same design. I don't think one brand is better than the next, they're all at so so standard.

An analog gauge is easier to read, you can take a glance at it n know it's working. A digital display is not visible until close, if you got it on the floor, you'll have to squat to see. Avoid battery operated humidity gauges, the first battery pack is likely to leak on you unless you check it very regularly, why be slaved.

For following are for digicabi,

The shelf position at the middle will interfere with the lock. The door will not close. Tried on the 60 n 100 liter units, I think its the case for all their models.

The shelf lining sheet is too thin.

The shelf surfaces are not flat. You can't stand your lenses.
o_O, what you say give me a bad impression on digicabi but i seems to love Aipo more than it. Do you want any experience with Aipo and Toyo living??

Telsoon said:
o_O, what you say give me a bad impression on digicabi but i seems to love Aipo more than it. Do you want any experience with Aipo and Toyo living??

the aipo from Cathay uses analogue hygrometer. Quality all about the same, I suspect the shelf problem may be the same.

Buy a bigger unit. You can keep yr cables, flash, memory cards, batteries, chargers, guarantee cards, receipts etc in 1 place

the aipo from Cathay uses analogue hygrometer. Quality all about the same, I suspect the shelf problem may be the same.

Buy a bigger unit. You can keep yr cables, flash, memory cards, batteries, chargers, guarantee cards, receipts etc in 1 place
O.O, all the brand have the shelf problem??
By the way i dont quite understand this on your last few reply "Avoid battery operated humidity gauges"

Telsoon said:
O.O, all the brand have the shelf problem??
By the way i dont quite understand this on your last few reply "Avoid battery operated humidity gauges"

Came across one that use one AA battery for the digital meter. Can't remember brand, remember to check. Others are mains powered. Get the analog, not hi tech looking but works better.

qystan said:
Came across one that use one AA battery for the digital meter. Can't remember brand, remember to check. Others are mains powered. Get the analog, not hi tech looking but works better.

Just get a cheap analog meter one will do. Indeed having the analog meter is way more easier to see than a digital one. Besides it is an equipment you would wanna just store your gears in and forget about it. Mine is passed from a friend whom used for years and then I use it for another 3 years. Still working fine. When I tried to meter it, it don't even register on the watt meter, current is way too small :) plug into the main and leave it on 24 by 7

Analog meter last better than digital meter?? BTW which 1 is cheaper?? An analog cabinet or a Full digital cabinet.
So you recommend me to go for a cabinet with a analog meter??
Just get a cheap analog meter one will do. Indeed having the analog meter is way more easier to see than a digital one. Besides it is an equipment you would wanna just store your gears in and forget about it. Mine is passed from a friend whom used for years and then I use it for another 3 years. Still working fine. When I tried to meter it, it don't even register on the watt meter, current is way too small :) plug into the main and leave it on 24 by 7
o_O, now i am convinced to get a analog meter cabinet instead of a full digital. The full digital seems to be more expensive.
By the way what do you mean by "When I tried to meter it, it don't even register on the watt meter, current is way too small plug into the main and leave it on 24 by 7 "

o_O, now i am convinced to get a analog meter cabinet instead of a full digital. The full digital seems to be more expensive.
By the way what do you mean by "When I tried to meter it, it don't even register on the watt meter, current is way too small plug into the main and leave it on 24 by 7 "

The meter is just a display of the humidity, accuracy is unnecessary, also long as it tells you your dry box is working, it's good enough. What matters more is the functionality of the box because it's the reason why your gears are safe. Analog meters are proven technology that doesn't need any electric power to function, hence it's the wiser choice.

My dry box consume so less electrical current that when I use a digital watt meter which are suppose to tell how much the appliance is consuming in terms of voltage, current and efficiency, it register NOTHING. ZERO ZIP NULL. Glad to know it's such a cost effective enclosure that keeps my gears out from the reach of fungus :)

See even if the image is so small, you can still tell that it's functional right ? :)
analog.jpg

Last edited:
Digi-Cabi is a safe choice. This I agree, in addition, it does retain it's value as warrenty is about 5 years.

The meter is just a display of the humidity, accuracy is unnecessary, also long as it tells you your dry box is working, it's good enough. What matters more is the functionality of the box because it's the reason why your gears are safe. Analog meters are proven technology that doesn't need any electric power to function, hence it's the wiser choice.

My dry box consume so less electrical current that when I use a digital watt meter which are suppose to tell how much the appliance is consuming in terms of voltage, current and efficiency, it register NOTHING. ZERO ZIP NULL. Glad to know it's such a cost effective enclosure that keeps my gears out from the reach of fungus :)

See even if the image is so small, you can still tell that it's functional right ? :)
analog.jpg
Ya, i can still tell because the meter hand is in the middle. i will go for a analog meter now. Is there any knob for you to adjust the humility level??
Digi-Cabi is a safe choice. This I agree, in addition, it does retain it's value as warrenty is about 5 years.
Wa, only digi-cabi got 5 years?? But from what qystan said, i dont quite like .

Ya, i can still tell because the meter hand is in the middle. i will go for a analog meter now. Is there any knob for you to adjust the humility level??
It's inside the box for mine, I'm sure there are some controls somewhere in the box for any dry box design. Just go for one non-fancy, large enough for your gears, analog reasonably priced one and get on with it.

Last edited:
Telsoon said:

Wa, only digi-cabi got 5 years?? But from what qystan said, i dont quite like .

Hmm... Aipo also comes with 5 years warranty...
I think the difference between brands are not so great...
Just get one that's within your budget..