Choosing Biz Names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eejal

Deregistered
May 4, 2005
End of the Line
Hi all,
If i were to start my photography biz how do i choose a name without clashing with someone else's biz name? what would happen if you created a name and started your online portfolio, sekali someone told you that someone else is already using that name? urgh!

thanks in advance for all replies. :D

regards,
rizal

well.
i don't really think i can help you with this.

i guess what you can do is GOOGLE the name u intend to choose.
if taken, it MAY pop up in one or two of the articles.

and let's say after you created it, and someone else have the same..
i guess you can either go take the trouble to start all over again
or
you can just screw it and continue what you were doing.
ignorance is bliss.

however if you are registering with singapore government, that's a different case.
but why would you? then you must pay tax!

rem yr name must still sound relevant still 30 years later..

appreciate all replies and advices. :thumbsup:

thank you all..

Hi all,
If i were to start my photography biz how do i choose a name without clashing with someone else's biz name? what would happen if you created a name and started your online portfolio, sekali someone told you that someone else is already using that name? urgh!

thanks in advance for all replies. :D

regards,
rizal
You need to go ACRA/Bizfile to search first, and some words you are not allow to use, like Temasek, Singapore......etc.

You can't register a name already used by somebody, so don't worry, if the name being used, ACRA/Bizfile will tell you first before someone does.

pay tax only if there is net trade income. not pay tax when one registers a business or have business.

Where in which country got business don't have to pay tax one? :)

Last edited:
well.
i don't really think i can help you with this.

i guess what you can do is GOOGLE the name u intend to choose.
if taken, it MAY pop up in one or two of the articles.

and let's say after you created it, and someone else have the same..
i guess you can either go take the trouble to start all over again
or
you can just screw it and continue what you were doing.
ignorance is bliss.

however if you are registering with singapore government, that's a different case.
but why would you? then you must pay tax!
Doing business in Singapore without registering with ACRA is illegal.
unless you are shooting for FREE or only shooting with illegal stuffs.

Do I need to Register a Business?

A person must register a business with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) before carrying on a business in Singapore unless the activity does not come within the definition of a “business”. Please click here for the list of exempted business/entities/individuals.

Individuals and companies, being "legal people", may set up and own a business firm. A business firm, not being a legal entity, cannot register another business firm. A foreign company also cannot register a business firm unless it has registered itself under the Companies Act.

Carrying on a business connotes some continuity in the activity carried out. Failure to register is an offence punishable with a fine of up to $5,000, or imprisonment for a term not exceeding twelve months or both. Furthermore, it also results in the rights under any contract being unenforceable by the person who did not register, unless that person applies to the court for relief or permission to enforce such rights.

It would, therefore, be in the interest of all people carrying on business in Singapore, and who are not exempted from registering, to register with ACRA. We will not hesitate to take action against people who have breached the laws under our purview. Members of the public may provide information on possible breaches to ACRA in writing.

is there a minimum amount before you need to start declaring?
if you are doing part time, just declaring you have additional income from other source.

if you have already register a business, just declare your trade income.

for business register under sole-proprietorship, you need to pay medisave to enable you to renew your business, and the amount to pay of medisave is base on your declared trade income.

if you are doing part time, just declaring you have additional income from other source.

for business register under sole-proprietorship, you need to pay medisave to enable you to renew your business, and the amount to pay of medisave is base on your declared trade income.

ah thanks!

this guy is sure in the biz.
and also have all your declared accounts certified. keep a lot of filing of all receipts, purchase and expenses,insurance, transport, rentals,phone bills, utilities bills, assistants, models fees, etc. IRAS like to pounce on those that evade taxes for a period of 5 - 10 years. So that they thought they could/had get away unnoticed, but never knew that they had been tacked with tracking device.

Status
Not open for further replies.