Choosing between ZD 50mm & ZD 11-22mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
tao said:
Think so much for what? Just get the 11-22mm, the most expensive lens of the lot! :bsmilie:

By the way, the difference between 11mm and 14mm on 4/3 bodies is MUCH greater than one will think, significant difference in the FOV unlike say, comparing 50mm to 54mm. Many who compare with 35mm say that the 11mm on 4/3 is more like 20mm on 35mm.

more expensive = more pampering later :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

raymond10 said:
I got better idea. Get your wife to buy the $3600+ lens. Think its the 150mm F2 one. The sell it and with the money, buy both lenses. :bsmilie: Evil. But that is provided you can sell if after you buy. :bigeyes:

thought i was bad enuf, u even worse!!! EVIL...!!:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Hi guys,

I've got my 11-22mm over the weekend (my wife paid for it... hehehe...;) )and is very pleased with it. Great lens, I hope to have a chance to use it extensively soon. As for the 50mm... its gonna be the next lens that I'll be getting (hope soon..;) ), manage to try on it at CP and its very impressive. It is such a sharp lens.

Very happy...:D

coolpix7900 said:
Hi guys,

I've got my 11-22mm over the weekend (my wife paid for it... hehehe...;) )and is very pleased with it. Great lens, I hope to have a chance to use it extensively soon. As for the 50mm... its gonna be the next lens that I'll be getting (hope soon..;) ), manage to try on it at CP and its very impressive. It is such a sharp lens.

Congrats! A tip for you, try taking closeups with the lens from 11mm to max 22mm. You will be amazed at how close this superwide lens can focus and the kind of interesting angles and perspectives you can get by doing that.

tao said:
Congrats! A tip for you, try taking closeups with the lens from 11mm to max 22mm. You will be amazed at how close this superwide lens can focus and the kind of interesting angles and perspectives you can get by doing that.
Hi Tao, Thanks for the tip!

coolpix7900 said:
Hi guys,

how much did u pay for this gem ? So far the best quote I get is $1100.

wong_se said:
Wow... the price has certainly increased since Olympus Singapore announced their price reductions recently ! :bigeyes:

i notice for 11-22mm, the price has not come down.

and this lens are run out of stock.

wong_se said:
I got it at $1090, $10 less than your quote... yah demand is high from what I know. who knows price may even go upwards... hehehe...

just check the price for 11-22mm (GST inclusive)

Cathay $1100.
MS color $1070.
TK $1060.
Lord $1134.
Alan Photo $1100.

RM2,500 from Malaysia
THB25,800 from Thailand.

wong_se said:
just check the price for 11-22mm (GST inclusive)

Cathay $1100.
MS color $1070.
TK $1060.
Lord $1134.
Alan Photo $1100.

RM2,500 from Malaysia
THB25,800 from Thailand.
Wow, That's comprehensive, overseas lobang also have. I think if you're paying in cash, maybe amount will be lower just by a little...

Status
Not open for further replies.