Choosing between three cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohzai

Feb 27, 2003
Tanglin Halt
Visit site
hey all..i am intending to get a 4 or 5 megapixels camera, which of these three models would you guys recommend?
Canon G3
Olympus C750
Sony DSC-V1
Thanks for your attention.

sohzai said:
hey all..i am intending to get a 4 or 5 megapixels camera, which of these three models would you guys recommend?
Canon G3
Olympus C750
Sony DSC-V1

Picture quality& overall performer -> Sony DSC-V1 (but memory stick :thumbsd: )
Best Zoom -> C750
Swivel LCD -> G3

sohzai said:
Canon G3
Olympus C750
Sony DSC-V1
Try them out. Choose whichever you find yourself most comfortable with and fits your budget. Period.

Next thing, go shooting. Enjoy photography.

my vote goes to g3.

check out dpreview.com for reviews on all 3, see the pros and cons of each.

swivel LCD is superb. superb user interface, lens adaptor to attach Tele/wide convertor, hotshoe for EX flash, SUPERBBBBBBBBB battery life...

5700 has supposedly a better lens... but i can't see a quality increase based on comparison photo.

sony v1 supposed to be quite good. not sure abt it though

sohzai said:
Canon G3
Olympus C750
Sony DSC-V1

what about olympus c5050?

You can read up on "4 best buys for real photographers" this Popular photography & imaging magazine sept 2003 issue.

sohzai said:
Canon G3
Olympus C750
Sony DSC-V1

The Canon G3 and Olympus C-750UZ are 4mp and cost around $800+ - $900.

Sony DSC-V1 I believe costs $1000+, and is 5mp. It would be more fair to compare the DSC-V1 with the Canon G5 and Olympus C-5050 instead. All 5mp. I believe there's a very good promotion on for the Olympus C-5050 going on now. $1200+ full package, plus teleconverter, wide converter and tripod and some more free gifts. Very useful if you ask me. Good deal. C-5050 also has a fast f1.8 lens, and can use different forms of memory. All this coming from a Canon guy. :what:

G3 will cost you around $1100, and anyway, it's not available at most places now as it's not manufactured anymore.

My vote goes to V1 for it's size (small) and fast autofocusing speed. So what if it's using MS?? I buy storage media to use them and it's a 1 time investment anyway (albeit more expensive than CF).

Status
Not open for further replies.