Choosing a Tripod Head ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerazzurri

Nov 27, 2006
Hi , I am relatively new to photography, I am interested in getting a tripod + head combination,
I have read quite a few posts on wat kind of tripod to get with regards to

1) budget - nothing more than $400 preferably
2) load capacity - ( currently my heaviest lens is a 28-300mm lens)
3) portability of the tripod - will be using it for trekking and travelling so thinking of choosing a carbon fiber tripod and since Benro seems to be 1 of the cheaper options...

and many more factors , so far I am thinking of getting either 1 of theses Benro tripods depending on their cost ( however I cant find a price list on the net for them, so I cant narrow down my choices yet.)

1) C-297 n6
2) C-298 n6
3) C-257 n6
4) M257-n6

was thinking of getting a Benro head along with 1 of them...
But other then the load capacity & weight & dimensions, I am not too sure how to select a suitable head for my needs... I cxed the Benro website on their heads , so many differnet series , yet some of them seems so alike...can any experts pls enlighten me ...:think:

lsisaxon

Nov 29, 2004
Hi , I am relatively new to photography, I am interested in getting a tripod + head combination,
I have read quite a few posts on wat kind of tripod to get with regards to

1) budget - nothing more than $400 preferably
2) load capacity - ( currently my heaviest lens is a 28-300mm lens)
3) portability of the tripod - will be using it for trekking and travelling so thinking of choosing a carbon fiber tripod and since Benro seems to be 1 of the cheaper options...

and many more factors , so far I am thinking of getting either 1 of theses Benro tripods depending on their cost ( however I cant find a price list on the net for them, so I cant narrow down my choices yet.)

1) C-297 n6
2) C-298 n6
3) C-257 n6
4) M257-n6

was thinking of getting a Benro head along with 1 of them...
But other then the load capacity & weight & dimensions, I am not too sure how to select a suitable head for my needs... I cxed the Benro website on their heads , so many differnet series , yet some of them seems so alike...can any experts pls enlighten me ...:think:
Benro carbon fibre tripod with a ball head would cost you around $500. In terms of choosing the head, I would probably suggest to match it with the series of your tripod. eg series 1 heads go with the series 1 tripods etc.. Otherwise, you could be using a puny tripod with an oversized head or a heavy duty tripod with a puny little head. Not very functional and won't look nice also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom