Choosing a path

XavierShoot

Aug 2, 2009
Singapore, Aussie
There is a time for departure even when there's no certain place to go. Which path will you choose?

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Ways of improvement, maybe on the composition and colour areas? any other areas is also welcome

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Wanted to show the time in life where we have to decide on which path we have to take.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Was walking around sorting out my thoughts, having to make a critical decision in my life. Was kinda emo also. its was under bright sunlight at 1PM.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture.
I think that the depth can be wider, meaning having more details in the pictures.

Newbie here btw, please give me any comments as i believe its a great learning process.
4806918065_453d53c87d_b.jpg

1. untilt your photo. In this case tilting dun works.
2. go lower down to the rails... u are not low and straight enough. Your bokeh seems a little wrong here.

1. untilt your photo. In this case tilting dun works.
2. go lower down to the rails... u are not low and straight enough. Your bokeh seems a little wrong here.

oh i see, should have gone a lower! thanks for the help bro!

oh i see, should have gone a lower! thanks for the help bro!

your bokeh should not start from the middle of the photo... it should be gradiently clear -> medium -> bokeh. Thats why i say the bokeh a bit wrong. If you go lower down... you will not have this problem.

but watch out for trains!

Could do something more with leading lines. My feel is that it's having near equal two sets of leading-nowhere lines (and a lot of track lines) with no strong subject to hold the pic. :dunno:

Your can focus more on the connection switch which depicts your current condition; but i am able to see what you are trying to portray. The only thing as mentioned, can be the issue with your bokeh as mentioned by bro sinned79.

Regardless, everyone have got their own perspectives. Keep shooting!:)

hello... may i know where this shot taken at?
thanks

I'm sad to say, this shot gives me 0 direction although I must admit that the colors here are great other than that, it appears that nothing is standing out. The tilt in this shot really does not work for me and IMO its to near to let me see where the rails lead to, it does not shows the diversity of each path clearly. The focus in this pic appears to be wrong too. Can't really see where u intend it to be.