Choosing a camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

obiwan75

Apr 3, 2009
Hi, My friend is going to buy a camera. He's intending to buy either Nikon D5000, Nikon D90, or Canon EOS rebel 500. He's asking for opinion, please help.

Hi, My friend is going to buy a camera. He's intending to buy either Nikon D5000, Nikon D90, or Canon EOS rebel 500. He's asking for opinion, please help.

Read up the review. Just google and you will find many. Each has pros and cons.

Try out handling these cam at shops.

What we like and need won't be what your friend like and need.

Last edited:

WE cant choice for you.
Will be better to ask your friend to go and feel the camera which one fit the best.
and also depending how much your friend willing to pay for it.

Is just like buying a cloths for your liking..
We can advice but you will be the one wearing it. ;)

You don't have to start 2 same threads in different sub-forum...

Mod will consider this as spamming :nono:

is ur friend new to DSLR or have some knowledge already?

just sharing how i choose...

1. set a rough budget
2. take a look at prices at the price guide thread to see which models fit the budget
3. read up on reivews, youtube has great reviews too
5. decide on the features that matter most to u (fps? megapix? etc)
6. learn abt lens and see what kits the camera come with, decide on the kit, or get just the body and a better lens
7. review ur budget (after learning more abt ur shortlisted body/lens/kit)
8. go down to the showroom and physically handle the camera (this is very important, at least for me)
9. scout for best price and buy

Your friend should create his own opinions and make up his mind after reading the reviews and actually trying the cameras.

FYI, this advice has been repeated about 1000 times in the "newbies corner". I suggest trying to search and read there, as many people have put a lot of effort into writing good advice.

tell him that if he wants his pictures to make people go WOW! he needs to get the nikon d3

What opinion does he want? What is he shooting? What are his photography experience? What are his requirements for the camera?

you bad boy.... anyhow post post all over the forum.
Make sure you read the forum's rules before anyhow post here post there.

Choosing between the 3 cameras? It can be as easy or difficult as you make it to be.
Easy: write the 3 camera models on 3 different pieces of paper. Fold them up. Pick 1 at random. Buy that camera.

Why dun consider Olympus E-520 or E-620??? Both are very good and capable camera too! :)

olympus-e520.jpg

olympus-e-620_1.jpg

Seems that either your friend is a bit lazy to do some basic homework or you are not able to tell us what your friend has done already. Without some decent input advice is not possible. All 3 camera can take decent pictures, provided the person behind viewfinder knows a bit about photography. If not, all of them have the green "Dummy Mode".
There are plenty of reviews available online, that should give enough information.

please read the terms of use

4. Spam - We will not tolerate posting of the same message to two or more forums. Any such posts will be merged or deleted and repeated abuse will result in banishment.

threads merged

Read up the review. Just google and you will find many. Each has pros and cons.

Try out handling these cam at shops.

What we like and need won't be what your friend like and need.

OK Thanks.

You don't have to start 2 same threads in different sub-forum...

Mod will consider this as spamming :nono:

Yes Guys, I got the warning from Mod. Sorry for double posting.

Seems that either your friend is a bit lazy to do some basic homework or you are not able to tell us what your friend has done already. Without some decent input advice is not possible. All 3 camera can take decent pictures, provided the person behind viewfinder knows a bit about photography. If not, all of them have the green "Dummy Mode".
There are plenty of reviews available online, that should give enough information.

OK thanks for your advise. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.