Choose which one? compare with S7000 and S2 Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 4, 2004
same with title.

Why are you comparing a $1k digicam with a more than $2k DSLR (the cost is excluding lens) ??

If you want a more compact digicam, then take the S7000, unless you are willing to spend more than $3K on a DSLR system.

I can give you a general diff bet Prosumer and DSLR..

if you want to take good video, with AA batt..go for Prosumer (S7000 in this case)

if you want to have full control, have the $$, then go for DSLR (S2 Pro in this case)

I was deciding between S7000 and D70 then, but the Video capture capability pulled me over to S7000...

sorry, i missed 0 behind 2

compare with S7000 and S20PRO. thanks

S20 Pro is newer than S7000 right?
My friend is aiming for S7000, so I did some research too.

S7000 and S20Pro cost about the same. If im not wrong, S7000 sould be cheaper.
S20Pro have a lower recorded pixels. (12.3MP of S7000 to 6.03MP of S20 Pro)
S20Pro uses USB2.0 while S7000 is still USB1.1

Fujifilm have a URL which compare the two model.
http://home.fujifilm.com/products/digital/compare.html

Hope i give you some help. :)

USB 2 or USB 1 doesn't matter since most pple uses Memory card reader for transfer so that you dun have to install camera driver..

S7000 specs should be slightly better than S20 pro..

in China, most of S7000 user found that camera has been appeared "black spot" on CCD.

how about yours?

used to own 602...give it up for better ISO more handling in my current 300d...
in fact i was never disappointed by the image quality of the pics by 602 (in terms of color contrast and sharpness - not to mentioned noise)
In fact when I look back those pics with 602 I found that it is actually better cos I think my 300d optics is just so-so...

Anyway I enjoyed the fun in interchangeable lenses...keke

to me now 12Meg pixel or even more does not interest me...anyway the largest i blowed up my pics is onli 8R...so 6 meg should be sufficient

Guess s20pro should be better..Y?
cos S3 pro is adopting this new CCD technology as well... And it cost like bomb

1 thing I dun like abt fujiflim is they keep coming out models abt the same design..look at 602,s20,s7000 all the same shell! crap! if they wan to do that they could have do it at the same time and let consumer choose...and not after 1 or 2 years of consumer anticipation, come out 1 actually the same 1...just minor adjustment(must be short of mechanical designer)

and not to mentioned others 400 series camera they had produced...think they had to buck up their marketing strategy...A very big disappointment now they come out new design I also dun bother to see liao

How abt u?

rainman said:
1 thing I dun like abt fujiflim is they keep coming out models abt the same design..look at 602,s20,s7000 all the same shell! crap!

The advantage is any accessories you have can be used for the future improved model! This is true from the days of the Fuji 4900!

Actually, my preference will be the improved dynamic range of the S20/S3/F700. Fuji is already the best in terms of low noise and nice warm colours. I don't care too much for camera specs, I want to see what comes out of the camera. Wider dynamic range, that what I need. If I am shooting for bill boards, high resolution will be my need, the 4th gen SCCD HR will be a better choice.

how about u use CANON 300D? is it better than NIKON D7 or not?

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.