Choose ur sofa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haydenhuang

Apr 23, 2008
www.facebook.com
Guys i need ur help cos im currently trying out some new styles for sofa shots i have 3 set of style in mind which do u guys like more? I took some pictures for u gusy to choose
sofa1
interiorfurniture.jpg

this method of processing is more clean classy attention to the detail kind of sofa photography(thats my sofa btw)

sofa2
portfolio2.jpg

i used a style similar to lomo editing to bring out the musculinity and muscle texture in the black leather(this is my dads sofa)

sofa3
portfolio6.jpg

for this i use a little mroe saturation to bring out the vibrance and a close FD to bring out the size fo the picture(my dads sofa in his study room)

the next one is sofa 2 processed to look arty u guys can ignore this
portfolio5.jpg

good stuff
although the classic sofa should have the warmer feel to it
the modern sofa's should have clean white light
sofa 3 the there are quite alot of blown highlights although i kind of like the feel your getting at
im no pro but i do watch t.v
any sofa add always had there modern furniture with clean white light on a white tiled surface with some reflection
while the classical sofa you can play around with it, try make it warming to the viewer
just my sayy;)

I actually do not know how to professionals do their actual shots very minimal processing more like spending more time on settign up the strobe lights and positions

ARe u in the sofa business? Any progress on your sofa photography? I would like to do some shots as well.

there's a very obvious (and unpleasant) colour cast to your pictures..

that aside.. i think to take pictures of furniture there's a need to include elements of the environment that it is in.. like maybe a vase or glassware or a photo album on the coffee table.. or a cushion or two.. and maybe to even be more bold and include more elements (say frame the sofa together with the living room it's in)..

pic 1 might have worked on its own.. but the curtain spoilt it for me (together with the yellowish lighting probably caused by you bouncing light off a yellowish ceiling or your white balance was off)

pic 2, 3 and 4 feels too tightly framed..

Status
Not open for further replies.