Choose ur sofa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2008
www.facebook.com
Guys i need ur help cos im currently trying out some new styles for sofa shots i have 3 set of style in mind which do u guys like more? I took some pictures for u gusy to choose
sofa1

this method of processing is more clean classy attention to the detail kind of sofa photography(thats my sofa btw)

sofa2

i used a style similar to lomo editing to bring out the musculinity and muscle texture in the black leather(this is my dads sofa)

sofa3

for this i use a little mroe saturation to bring out the vibrance and a close FD to bring out the size fo the picture(my dads sofa in his study room)

the next one is sofa 2 processed to look arty u guys can ignore this

Aug 20, 2007
good stuff
although the classic sofa should have the warmer feel to it
the modern sofa's should have clean white light
sofa 3 the there are quite alot of blown highlights although i kind of like the feel your getting at
im no pro but i do watch t.v
any sofa add always had there modern furniture with clean white light on a white tiled surface with some reflection
while the classical sofa you can play around with it, try make it warming to the viewer
just my sayy;)

Apr 23, 2008
www.facebook.com
I actually do not know how to professionals do their actual shots very minimal processing more like spending more time on settign up the strobe lights and positions

boizhikid

Jan 12, 2007
ARe u in the sofa business? Any progress on your sofa photography? I would like to do some shots as well.

there's a very obvious (and unpleasant) colour cast to your pictures..

that aside.. i think to take pictures of furniture there's a need to include elements of the environment that it is in.. like maybe a vase or glassware or a photo album on the coffee table.. or a cushion or two.. and maybe to even be more bold and include more elements (say frame the sofa together with the living room it's in)..

pic 1 might have worked on its own.. but the curtain spoilt it for me (together with the yellowish lighting probably caused by you bouncing light off a yellowish ceiling or your white balance was off)

pic 2, 3 and 4 feels too tightly framed..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom