Choose nikon D7000 or canon 7D

angww08

Sep 27, 2010
Hi all any advise to get which model to get I usually take photo for my kid and landscape.

Are more of your friends / relatives / collegues etc using Nikon or Canon?

IF ALL ELSE EQUAL, suggest that you buy the brand that more people around you own, so that its easier for you to ask around if you encounter any questions on the usage of the camera.

If still can't decide, then buy Nikon - Why? Because I use Nikon and if I have questions next time I can ask you! :D ;)

Hi all any advise to get which model to get I usually take photo for my kid and landscape.

Since you already have a D90, just get the D7000 so you don't have to relearn a whole new system.

Get back Nikon product since you have already used Nikon D90 before. It will be a lot more easier. And if you have any other lens. Maybe you could use back all those lens that you have instead of buying everything all over again. It will help your pocket a lot. ^^

brapodam said:
Since you already have a D90, just get the D7000 so you don't have to relearn a whole new system.

skylover said:
Get back Nikon product since you have already used Nikon D90 before. It will be a lot more easier. And if you have any other lens. Maybe you could use back all those lens that you have instead of buying everything all over again. It will help your pocket a lot. ^^

Agree with both, the D7000 controls are not much diff from the D90, easier for you to adapt to it than to get a Canon

swapping D90 for D7000/7D would incur a fairly decent hit to your wallet.

If I were you I'd save the upgrade $ and spend it on a short holiday to go capture more landscapes and kid photos ;p

i believe ur camera is alr capable enuf to take photos of ur kids and landscape. save the money n invest on better lenses instead.

What are you lacking in your current system?

try reading the newbies corner FAQ on "What DSLR to get?"

image quality for both are essentially the same.

for landscapes, there should be no diff between the two cameras.

for kids (fast action, fast AF required), then i think the 7D has an edge over the D7000 because of its faster burst rate (8 fps vs 6 fps) as well as greater number of cross-hair AF points (19 vs 9) which will allow you to focus on your moving subject more quickly and accurately.

image quality for both are essentially the same.

for landscapes, there should be no diff between the two cameras.

for kids (fast action, fast AF required), then i think the 7D has an edge over the D7000 because of its faster burst rate (8 fps vs 6 fps) as well as greater number of cross-hair AF points (19 vs 9) which will allow you to focus on your moving subject more quickly and accurately.

If iirc, D7K, 39 AF points.

My friend both also have but tat y can't decided

7D is a semi pro camera which has a better specs overall. since u have a D90, i don't see the need to upgrade to another mid level DSLR. Get the 7D but i not sure why u wan to switch over to canon though, as u need to sell one of your system or keep them both, both in long terms, incur more costs.

as mentioned, invest in good lenses is a better choice.

Last edited:
My friend both also have but tat y can't decided

Then you need to make an adult decision... In other words, use the camera that feels best in *your* hands instead of letting other people tell you what to buy.

swapping D90 for D7000/7D would incur a fairly decent hit to your wallet.

If I were you I'd save the upgrade $ and spend it on a short holiday to go capture more landscapes and kid photos ;p

very good advice, unless you really got the cash to splash then go ahead for the D7000 for better low light performance which i highly doubt you will used it much often, as the D90 already packs very powerful features/performance.

Is there something that D7000 can do that your D90 cannot? D90 is already a good camera. Is the purchase a necessity or for the sake of it?

yes, but only 9 are cross-hair AF points.

I believe it's cross-type, not cross-hair, but yeah essentially, more sensitive and accurate AF points.