Choo Choo Photography Trek - 3 Feb 08, Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

crayonsc

Aug 3, 2006
This is an interesting trail for photographers with train station, railway line, tunnels, graffiti, longkang, which maybe through the lens of a good photographer, even longkang can look very beautiful...

http://tpadventure.multiply.com/photos/album/97/Choo_Choo_Train_4_Nov_2007
http://tpadventure.multiply.com/photos/album/83
http://tpadventure.multiply.com/photos/album/101/longkang_walk

Some fast facts about Choo Choo trek:
In 11 nov 1965, a six mile-long branch was added to the Singapore railway line, spanning from Bukit Timah into the new industrial estate, to Jurong Port Road. However, the line did not see extensive use and has since been abandoned. It now remains an interesting site for nature lovers and trekkers.

Itinerary:
We will meet at the King Albert Park Mac. Next we will move on to the KTM Bukit Timah Railway Station, that's the prelude to Choo Choo Trek! About 10-15mins of walking along the railway line, we will divert to the entry pt of Choo Choo Trek to trace the disused railway line!

After being disused for many many years, Choo Choo Trek has "evolved" into a forested area.. Walking through the forested area, we will reach a wet and muddy railway tunnel which runs underneath Clementi Road somewhere near the Clementi Neighbourhood Park.

After going through the tunnel, the disused railway line will bring us to Clementi St 14 housing estate. But we are not going to "civilisation" yet, there's still more to come! We will soon reach a small disused railway bridge across the Sunset Way Road. The highlight of the Choo Choo Trek must be walking along the railway bridge above Sungei Ulu Pandan! From there, we can see people jogging, blading, walking, etc along the park connector below us!

If the timing allows and the group are still energetic, we can go for the longkang walk which will bring us back to the KTM Bukit Timah Railway Station. The evening view of the railway station can be very beautiful. If not, we will end our trek at the housing flat block 305 of Clementi Ave 4.

Choo Choo Trek is a relatively short trek, can be completed within 2hrs, the longkang walk will be another 1.5hrs.. Taking into consideration that this will be a photography trek, the timing will be longer. but no worries, we will wait :)

So if you are interested to join us for this photography trek, please take necessary precautions to protect your cameras and other expensive equipments from the nature elements.

Date: 3 Feb 2008, Sunday

Meeting Venue: King Albert Park Mac

Time: 2pm. To be fair to those who come on time and the organiser, we decided to be kind enough to give a buffer of 15mins for late-comers.. Latecomers can have a lazy afternoon enjoying Mac's twister fries and red bean pie if they don't see us there!

Wet Weather Plan: Join the latecomers and have a lazy afternoon enjoying Mac's twister fries and red bean pie!

End: Hopefully latest latest by 7pm

Attire: Long pants, long/short sleeve shirt, I would highly recommend covered shoes (with soles strongly attached) cos we are going to forested area. Some people like to wear sport sandals, but please wear a reliable pair.. Jeans is definitely a no..no! Something light and comfy for trekking.

Things to bring: Your camera. And minimum 1.5 litres of drinking water, motivational snacks, personal first aid kit, raingear, insect repellent, extra clothes & slippers to go home in, plastic bags for the muddy shoes. Waterproof your belongings! Most importantly an OPEN MIND!

RSVP by 22 Jan: to Poh Kiat pocket_tisu@yahoo.com.sg, with your name, contact number and email address.

Sounds really really interesting... But... ive got religious class

Those who missed the last choo choo trek, this time, it is really a photography trek, we wont dare to rush photographers at work. so dont miss it again!

What the heck happened the last time? Sounds dangerous :sweat:

I'll need to see if I can squeeze in the time for this outing. A friend's wedding that weekend.

Interesting!

I'm up for this! :)

Just postpone my sony class to that day...argh......so near yet so far!!!

wow, seems like its an interesting walk ( TBC)

Remember to RSVP by 1 Feb: to Poh Kiat pocket_tisu@yahoo.com.sg, with your name, contact number and email address. In case you can't find us or we cant find you, we can call each other.

"If the response is good, we might have a sequel" that's what he said. ;)

Sound interesting. Let hope that my schedule allows me to join in the trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.