Choices for 21mm lens

I personally prefer the Zeiss Biogon T* 2,8/25 ZM. Less distortion and one of the best ZMs in the line up.

As for 21mm, there are a LOT of choices out there, and I honestly don't think you can go wrong with any of them. The 2,8/21 is nice, as is the 4.5,21 - but you'll probably want to use Cornerfix with the latter for best results. The CV 21mm f/4 Color Skopar is a real peach too. Super small, cheap and really quite good. If you insist on a Leica lens, the new Super Elmar-M 21mm f/3.4 ASPH is the way to go, IMO.

Still a S$1800 proposition.

21-mm_f1.8_ultron.jpg

At least you don't have to spend extra money on a hood. VF still a must though. Unless you own a Bessa R4..

Cheers,

Mr Japan, you got your hands on a piece already?

I'm waiting to see it at Chiif's shop

benny said:

At least you don't have to spend extra money on a hood. VF still a must though. Unless you own a Bessa R4..

Cheers,

The thing looks massive!! looks identical to the 35 f1.2!! prob weighs as much too...

21-mm_f1.8_ultron.jpg

Cheers,

Holy Moly! I didn't know this was coming! I WANT.

Ahh okay! Yeah I've got an avenon already. Was just wondering a bit more about the more illusive black millennium edition. With its 8 blades aperture and all just what the main differences are. Just won one on the bay for a really quite good price I think. It looks lovely too. That 21 looks humongous. I mean not that it won't be a good performer but like other voigtlander lenses just too damn big. :(

The black millennium version can focus down to 0.75 m although it only states 0.8 m on the barrel, and compared to 1m of the other versions.

8 aperture blades supposedly give better bokeh, but with a 21mm it really is hard to tell and is quite subjective.

The Avenon is a lovely lens, being "flat" one of the main reason for me. Too bad i received a bad copy that is being returned.

$20170204_162748_Resize.jpg

$IMG_2017-07-15_16-18-33.jpg

Been using the Avenon 21mm f2.8 Ltm for years and still happily using it till now.