Choice of lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

khooi73

Sep 28, 2008
AMK
Hi,

I am new to photography and currently i hv a sony A100 (2nd hand). I walk around penasula and funan n see mostly nikon n canon lens :(

Currently I am holding a 18-70 sony kit lens n want to get a better one. I love the 16-80 sony cz but than if i convert to full frame next time, this lens will hv no value.

Any one hv the 24-70 sigma (non hsm) and any comment on this lens?

I am using a Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 lens on my A700 currently. It's the old version one i'm using and I would say that it's not bad a lens but quite heavy. Mine has a little back focusing problem and I haven't got time to bring it to the service centre.

Will you be moving to FF soon? Otherwise, I would suggest getting a 16-80mm or the 16-105mm lens. These lenses are pretty sharp especially he 16-80mm and it's worth the money.

thanks for the advice.....most likely will get the cz16-80

Hi,

I am new to photography and currently i hv a sony A100 (2nd hand). I walk around penasula and funan n see mostly nikon n canon lens :(

Currently I am holding a 18-70 sony kit lens n want to get a better one. I love the 16-80 sony cz but than if i convert to full frame next time, this lens will hv no value.

Any one hv the 24-70 sigma (non hsm) and any comment on this lens?

Technology is here to help not to disable you. Why worry about FF if you're not even sure you'll be going FF in future?

I say, get the best value for lens you can find right now and enjoy shooting ;)

ya, i agree.....but sometimes quite diff to decide....

i m always in dilemma when a good aps-c lens n i like it but dun knw to buy or not.....bcos at the back of my mind the ff is always there...

so now i make up my mind to keep the a100 for min 3yrs n do depreciation of the lens n see whether worth it to invest......

anyway.....like what windwaver said.....most important......enjoy shooting!!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.