Choice of Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

stupidbear

Oct 9, 2005
Paya Lebar
hi guys,

Would like to know, if given a chance to choose a camera, which would you guys choose.

D70 or 10D

and Why ??

Having problems choosing between the cameras.

ahh...same problem as me...10D or D70.....personally, I would go for the 10D.
However, white balance on the D70 is better and its newer technology.
Why not go for the 20D?...most obvious reason for this is the lack of funds, however,the 20D would be able to last you for another 3-5 years so no worries i the long term.
also remember that D70 cant attach a proper grip,....
In case you decided to go for the 10D, TCW has a brand new set as well as used ones there.

err ... i think the more important question would be what would YOU choose ... i mean, we all have different preferences ... like say jediforce4ever might want a battery/vertical grip for his cam .. so he'll prefer the 10d over the d70 ... but i may not need/want the batt/vert grip (after all the cam already so big .. make it bigger? hahaha)

bottom line, determine your needs and choose accordingly ...

other factors would be if u've been a nikon or canon user ... if u have then stick to the brand if u got lenses liao ... dun have lenses .. then quite free to choose lor .. =P

Expiredyoghurt said:
err ... i think the more important question would be what would YOU choose ... i mean, we all have different preferences ... like say jediforce4ever might want a battery/vertical grip for his cam .. so he'll prefer the 10d over the d70 ... but i may not need/want the batt/vert grip (after all the cam already so big .. make it bigger? hahaha)

bottom line, determine your needs and choose accordingly ...

other factors would be if u've been a nikon or canon user ... if u have then stick to the brand if u got lenses liao ... dun have lenses .. then quite free to choose lor .. =P

Very true. Agree...:angel:

Can always try out to see which one suits you, and if you have got lens, then make sense to stick with the either. Also can look at the kakis you go out with, if they are using a particular systems too.

Also what exactly are you asking, cause it's abit hard to answer your question. If you need review of the cameras, can always check dpreview.com or other magazine/online website for their articles on the cameras.

Thanks!

hahah!! harlow guys. remember me? went out with u guys to shoot. i lent u my a510 remember?
10d not because i'm using 10d. but the quieter shutter for me when shooting church events, as well as my partner is also using a 10d. makes life easier on my pockets as well. the vert grip is useful for me as well.. allows me to slot 2 batteries and have some balance over heavy lenses.
both cams are great. choose canon and buy some L lenses. :) kekekeke.. u know what i mean. :p
specs wise, i would say D70 has the edge.

oh! It's u ah ... aiya.. leaning more to D70 actually....

You have actually oredi made your choice.;) Comparing pros and cons of both but still defending the pros and cons of the both of them again. Tick tok tick tok... ... ... ... This will not end. Both have their own user, fans and website. It all comes down to the dollars and cents. I'm taking a break between Nikon or Canon so now at the junction using Sony first. Used to be in the Canon camp. I'll be in your situation somewhere in the future too. Technology and R&D is really too fast for me. Just my two cents worth... hope it helps.:)

Actually just getting a decent camera to start off with photography ..

Thanks all for advice

I'm also got caught in between this two cams. can nikon flash SB26 be use on 20D?

cos if able to i'll buy 20D :)

Status
Not open for further replies.