choice between 6 cameras

which camera do u think is a better choice for me?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pranay

Sep 14, 2004
mumbai, india
Ok, here's a complicated query.
I have thot of buying a digital camera. and i hav an eclectic choice.......
1. Fuji finepix s5200/s5600 US$238
2. Canon S2 IS US$290 ,
3. Kodak P880 US$343
4. Fuji finepix s9500/s9000, US$426 (after $100 rebate)
5. Pentax *IST DL/ K110D with lens US$469 (after $100 rebate)
6. Fuji finepix s6500/s6000FD, US$499 (i'll buy it with my eyes closed for US$350):lovegrin:

none of them are from the same class. but they represent the same utility-to-price ratio to me. means they lie on the same utility curve. Prices are in dollars as they are going to come from the US. now if i dont buy an SLR or s9500 now, i plan to buy a better DLSR (canon/nikon) in 2 years time, while keeping the old one for regular use. mostly I'm also concerned about durability and servicability in INDIA (esp Pentax and s9500). I also dont know if the speed of the camera to Process images after taking them shud be an important factor (as in the case of Kodak). I'm tempted to go for Canon or the s5200 because the fuji is cheap and good, and i cant go wrong with canon. so i need opinion of fellow photographers who might definitly have more experience than me with such Cameras.

thanks

The more choices you have , the more confused you will be. Take a look at all of them if you can and see which one feels good to you. You ask for opinion here and people will tell you to get according to what they feel is good. The most important thing is what do you want?

I agree with jbma, you are going to get so many different opinions here, and so you'll probably be just as confused even before posting here.

If servicability is an issue in India, I would do some research to see which manufacturers have repair facilities in India and whereabouts they are.

Your "utility curve" seems alittle vague, maybe you could enlighten us on what your "utility curve" is, we'll be in a better position to advise you accordingly. And do take what ever opinions posted here with a grain of salt, as they are only opinions. Check out www.dpreview.com to get an idea on the pros and cons of each of your shortlisted cameras. I hope this helps.

In order to make an educated decision, you need to compare apples to apples, right now it seems like you are all over the place (apples to oranges to pineapples).

Maybe you can classify them into megapixel count, price range, so on so forth.

As you have said you can't go wrong with the Canon. I will agree with you. But I don't know if that will mean much to you. I wish you the best in trying to make your decision.

Although it depends very much on your budget and what you looking for.... Having tested several of the camera mentioned, cannon S3 will be a good choice... it has abit of eveything.... :)

hi. i think Minolta A1 or Konica Minolta A2 is best. how come not inside?

what is your budget and what will you be using it for?

Status
Not open for further replies.