Chocolate vs Banana

whomovemycheese

May 30, 2010
Banana-Chocolate-Cake2.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Looking for comments on overall composition, lighting and color.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I seldom come across banana chocolate cake and found one cafe serves nice banana chocolate cake.
It has nice appearance, hope viewers like it too.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Indoor.

Exposure Time: 1/4 sec
Exposure Prog: Aperture Priority
F-Number: f/4.0
ISO Speed: 200

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Looking at the cake makes me feel hungry. Like the rich color or the cake. Hope viewers like it too.

Last edited:
Read this carefully :) and take it as serious advise: The absolute decadant deliciuousness of the chocolate banana cake (and maybe the bokeh and half decent exposure) saved you

Full side-on perspective is ok but unexciting ..... I would prefer other perspectives if u have....

You seemed to have wasted using the nice roundness of the plate .... it looks distracting in your image when it should have helped reinforce the subject with its curves

Nice try :)

Last edited:
not the best angle to present this cake, a higher angle might be preferable,

more attention needs to be paid to detail, such as how tight the whole frame is, how part of the plate is cropped off unnecessarily, etc.

Read this carefully :) and take it as serious advise: The absolute decadant deliciuousness of the chocolate banana cake (and maybe the bokeh and half decent exposure) saved you

Full side-on perspective is ok but unexciting ..... I would prefer other perspectives if u have....

You seemed to have wasted using the nice roundness of the plate .... it looks distracting in your image when it should have helped reinforce the subject with its curves

Nice try :)

not the best angle to present this cake, a higher angle might be preferable,

more attention needs to be paid to detail, such as how tight the whole frame is, how part of the plate is cropped off unnecessarily, etc.

Thanks to both seniors for the advise, will definitely attempt to shoot at different angles and take note of the key points next time :D